• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

I do like the black wing mirrors though, they'd look good with the optional front/rear black valances. 8)

Have you seen they price of those LSDs? They're like £900!!!! Double an aftermarket one!

Yeah, I was just thinking Honda part fitted fitted by Honda wouldn't be a warranty issue but allegedly it is...

He didn't do a good job at trying to sell me a car full stop, so I went elsewhere.

Nah, they'll be factory fitted LSDs as per the CW.

The OP says Mugen parts will be available for cars new and old. Obviously it depends what is going to be available, but you and me could walk into a dealers with our FN2 and get Mugen exhausts, manis, suspension and LSD fitted. If you believe Martin on Sales at Gordon's Honda of Wigan this will invalidate your warranty, but I can't imagine this being true.

Since the sales people will be asked to push the parts on new and used sales, along with service because most of us only speak to them now, maybe the dealers picked to be in the Mugen scheme will be trained...

dan dan the moderator man on CTRO just said the price for this motor is 38.5k?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i think he is getting mixed up. only the mental would pay near 40k for a civic.

edit - he was getting mixed up lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like those 19's at all.

Mugen GP's would be much better in 17's and improve the handling a lot.:cool:

This man is correct ^

This Mugen jobbie will be the same price as the Focus RS

If I were in a position to spend that money on a hot hatch I would go to Ford everytime.

The car looks nice, but I'd rather buy an FN2 & mod it to my tastes for alot less money.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but there are no performance mods on it.

Its a CW with Mugen front and rear bumpers and skirts, alloys that are available as an accessory, black wing mirrors, a Mugen badge on the back and a Mugen plate in the inside.

Honda are producing the car in partnership with Mugen, so they are not supplying a standard car to Mugen who are then changing it like with the M20, so Honda are saving on not supplying the standard alloys and bumpers. IMO this should be no more than £2k above book price of a standard CW before you start adding extras to it.

Honda UK's price list downloaded today buts the OTR price of the CW at £21,534, so I'll put my money on it being £23,500...

It's being released as the last batch of the Champ Whites for the FN2, maybe Mugen Euro will be brought in from scratch to make the next generation Civic Type R a bit special. :twisted:

Honda are saying they will release the price in March, I've just looked on the Announcement page !!

I read in Sundays news of the world (yes I know the paper is sh!t but one of the lads at work saw the car and brought it in) they estimated the cost to be 22k

Back