• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The MOT

In truth, as long as they work, they are at a legal level and the pattern is correct, no MOT tester realistically gives a **** weather it has washers or not.

That's what I've always thought tbh

Other news, why does a front windscreen wiper which clears all water in its swipe area fail an MOT but this (which I forgot to replace having already bought a new one) passed?
ffe42b41.jpg

So apparently having an air freshener hanging from your interior mirror is an MOT failure nowadays according to Honda.
I got an advisory because the technician had to remove it :p Whatever next ?

I've had that. I've been told to remove Asimo in the past as it's an obstruction to the view out of the window.

The tester isn't allowed to work on the car, just inspect.

Stupid question potentially.

If you have an expiry date of the 21/10 (that's what the DVLA site says). Is there a grace period etc to get it done?

No, once it has expired that's it, you can't drive it on the road (except to/from a booked MoT appointment).

However, you can get it tested up to a month beforehand where the renewal will run from the expiry date.

No, once it has expired that's it, you can't drive it on the road (except to/from a booked MoT appointment).

However, you can get it tested up to a month beforehand where the renewal will run from the expiry date.

Nice one thanks.

Might need to split it with the service then and get it sorted asap.

The rear crash bar supports on my 2003 EP3 will not make it through another MoT. Does anyone know if / where you can buy replacements from? They are welded on, so will have to be drilled off. Suspect that I'll need to replace the crash bar too.

10/10/18 - Copied from my post in wanted:

Cox advised as being able to provide one, but they are not cheap.

JP-carparts.com will ship two for approx $50 all in, but then you'd be liable for duty on top.

All I can say is that everyone should check their rear crash bar, so if it is bad they can swap it out before the rust spreads to somewhere more difficult to replace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back