• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance what does it cost you???

You do know if you have a crash your insurance will be void in respect of the above comment? :idea:

Yeh am aware of that, currently don't drive it that much and I really do as much as possible to avoid the possibility of an accident. But at the moment I really can't afford the extra premium but once I have been in this policy for another month or so I'm goin to ring them and "run the idea that I'm thinking of modifying passed them" and see what they quote me.

Beard is spot on, though I was more diplomatic - indeed it does not make any sense whatsoever to modify your car and not declare it for financial reasons but each to their own :?

Nymph, here is a pic I took this morning on the A339/M3 junction, young lad and modded Ibiza. I am sure he was not looking for an accident either, please exercise some common sense - sell the mods you have or declare them ;)

IMG_0186.jpg

Using a mobile phone to take pictures when driving adds to your premium Stu.

Fair cop with the comments guys, and don't worry, I'm in the process of getting it sorted, just other bits going on at the moment and I can't stretch to it (as from previous experience it's going to be in he hundreds in terms of added premium). If it's like an extra £200 then that's fine, but with my previous cars it's been much more than that, and with my saxo it increased the premium from £1040 to £3600 for the cnuts to tell me that they'd only pay out on standard parts if I did have an accident..
I know it's unacceptable, I was in a better position when I bought the bits, but now I'm not..

Because my renewal was coming up and wanted to check the market for quotes before asking about the mods. Not sure why but seemed like a good idea at the time (saving time talking to call centres all day). My train of thought was get a good premium and then talk mods afterward, but I've now shot myself in the foot and clicked that one company with a good base premium doesn't necessarily equate to a good modded premium so I'm going to have to do all the calling around anyway.

True. Yet the majority of the 'obvious' stuff hasn't been fitted yet, ie induction kit and interior struts etc. The bits that are fitted that haven't been declared are the sound system (but then my policy has a £900 stereo cover as standard. This doesn't cover the cost by any fashion by does it still need to be declared even though they won't increase the cover?). Springs are the other thing. In terms of LCA's, struts, ARB's, camber arms etc, even though they are a replacement as apposed to an addition do you think the premium will go up alot?

At present they know of nothing :? I guess I got too excited with all this new stuff arriving that I didn't think forwards far enough, but upon common sense thinking I need to rectify this. Pity it took a grilling to get it done though :(

I don't know what criteria insurance companies use to decide how much to increase your premiums by... I'd guess increased desirability making it more nickable (upgraded ICE, etc.) and performance enhancers (remaps, exhausts, etc.) would be two main ones. I'd have thought ARBs, LCAs, etc. would count as performance mods too...

It doesn't really matter though; you should tell them about *all* modifications and until you have don't fit them to your car. Do you really want to wait until you need to make a claim to find out what you should have told them about?

Do they know about the chassis mods on your list?
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...-*small-update-new-look-forum-graphics-pg-27*

I've told them about the forum graphics and tints because they change the external appearance of the car. Any performance mods I've also declared, although K&N Panel Filter and an earthing kit are dubious to give any gains. :lol:

I've not mentioned the Spoon socks though, I think that would be a step too far. I mean that would be to the same level as hanging a Magic Tree out of view...

Back