• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance what does it cost you???

My premium jumped from £610 to £860 on the S2K when I declared the most dangerous mod of all.........

.......Rachel.

:smt043

How old are you mate? That seems high. :eek: Is it garaged?

Im 26, and I live in London :( .

Rachel is 23 though, which is why the big hike.

Its insurance group 20 anyway, regardless of the fact its a import.

The next competative price was £1980. Tripping balls. So when thi swas offered I double checked the details and signed up like.

DAMN!!! That's very spiteful Nick :(

TBH Lee, Im well happy with it, in a round about way.

To insure myself on it it was £610, my EP3 was about this.

Now that Rach is on the policy we have gone halfs, so I pay £430. So its a better thing, sort of like.

Why does she have to be insured on it? :lol:

:lol:

So she can drive me home after a long drive out to pub in the summer.

:smt030

No, the real truth of it is that she rather likes it and we may keep it after the summer due to it being a very good example with low miles, but I want her to drive it first and see if she likes it.

24 Years old, 5yrs NCB protected, 2002 EP3 doing 10k a year, every single mod declared - £775.

24 Years old, 5yrs NCB protected, 2002 EP3 doing 10k a year, every single mod declared - £775.

Who is that with??

Just been running through the insurance supermarkets.

2002 plate EP3, 25 married, 6 years NCB, named on another policy (run around), 7k a year. Standard car = £890 with other half (22, 2 years driving) dropped that to £704

Will all mods declared = £1k...

That is with a SP30 and 3 points though.

27 Years old, 5yrs NCB , 2003 EP3 doing ~8k a year, all mods declared - £430.
Pretty happy with that.

22years old, 4 years ncb standard civic type r 54plate, garaged, married, dad as a named driver £630 fully comp. told them I would only do 1000 miles a year, then rang up said mistake shood be 10,000 they didnt add any cost! shaazam!!!

37, 7 years no claims, Evo 5, £460 mods declared.
Sometimes it pays to be old :)

That's less than I was paying for the S2000 !!

Mine didnt drop when I hit 25.

But I think thats partly to do with the fact that as you get older you get higher group cars, so it balances out.

mine didn't really take a drop when i renewed back in November (was 25) That was annoying but now expected.

My EP3 renewal's just come in at £1160, paying monthly, 23 with 1yr NCB, mods declared. Impressed with the saving a year's NCB makes, but I'm going to do a spot of phoning over the next couple of weeks, see if I can bring it down any :)

I don't know what criteria insurance companies use to decide how much to increase your premiums by... I'd guess increased desirability making it more nickable (upgraded ICE, etc.) and performance enhancers (remaps, exhausts, etc.) would be two main ones. I'd have thought ARBs, LCAs, etc. would count as performance mods too...

It doesn't really matter though; you should tell them about *all* modifications and until you have don't fit them to your car. Do you really want to wait until you need to make a claim to find out what you should have told them about?

Do they know about the chassis mods on your list?
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...-*small-update-new-look-forum-graphics-pg-27*

Check out his build up thread over on CTRO.:rolleyes:

BUSTED!!!

Back