• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

It's in the garage this evening, the interior is indoors being dried out, the base of the rear seat was pretty sodden too.

It should be obvious where it's coming in now, especially when I remove a few more pieces of trim. My brother in law is an artist with silicon, so I may have to pay him a visit to get it sorted neatly.

Exactly the same as DC2's. The seals are nakered in the boot, there is a how to on the DC2 forum somewhere on how to fix it.

Rear lights will most likely be letting the water in. What I did in the DC2 was pop them out, and put some silicon sealant around the edges of the rear of the lamp, and no more water in the boot :D

My DC5 still gets water ingress in the spare wheel well. I just empty it out from time to time. Still can't find out where it's coming from. No upholstery gets wet, so it's probably the light clusters.

Do they not have rain in Japan or something? :lol:

yeh mine had a small leak so i sealed the rear lights with clear bathroom sealer. Now we get through the night with out any little mishaps ;)

rear lights or seals if you are sure no crash damage and misaligned panels. i know you wouldn't have bought crash damage with your eagle eyes so should be a straight forward fix.

Or drill the rear lights, does the same thing. But for sure get some sealant and go over all the seals in the boot.

I think the rear lights are a contributing factor to the water as the cover on the n/s side was damp, however the main leak is happening from high up. I'm thinking possibly the roof gutter or boot hinges atm... Thanks for all your replies.

Rear lights leak on the 4th and 5th gen Ludes as well, steamy windows for all the wrong reasons. Lovely Rex btw. :)

My EP3 does this, had the back out and it looked like it was comming in from rear driver side window (whenever we sprayed water on it you could see it trickling down by the bottom of the lights..
Had the window refitted and put everything back in and its still doing it.

Good luck finiding it i still haven't managed to find mine!

Hi Chris,

Crx's have drainage tubes which are located inside, above each rear window and join into the rear floor - these may have been dislodged or blocked.

HTH

Tim

FAIL! :(

ticket.jpg

FAIL indeed. Would have been cheap and probably quicker to walk.

Loser cruisers. Do Not Want!

Seems my small oil leak, is a big one. The gearbox bearing has so much play in it, oil is streaming out. The whole underbelly of the car was covered in gearbox oil.

It's going to cost me a pretty penny to get things sorted, Tom's going to start taking it to bits in a couple of days. :(

That sucks buddy! It's all part of owning old school motors, I find something every week which needs my attention.

Good luck getting it sorted.

well at least you can play the 'how long will my car be at TGM' game. Think my record is 2 1/2 months. J7 pwns that though by a few years :lol:

unlucky though

Back