• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to clean your engine bay

Well an update on my engine bay after using Meguiars engine cleaner and dresser. Thought I'd clean my engine bay today as I saw a funny yellow thing in the sky and thought it would be a nice day to do it.

The Meguiars engine clean and dresser was really good IMO, although the cleaner didn't seem as strong as Gunk it still worked well. The engine dresser was also good but you do have to work it as it leaves marks otherwise. Anyway enough chat here are the results:

After engine cleaner:
MeguiarsEngineClean2_zpsdf023fcd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After engine dresser:
MeguiarsEngineDressing1_zps8d5ff7fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

End Result:
EndResult1_zpscba0e4cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pretty happy with it think I'll stick to Meguiars now.

Cheers :). I used my parents camera and, as always, they never bother to set the date and time etc it's the same with all our pics lol.

Haven't been on here for a while and seeing this thread think I'm going to give it a go when I get some time off soon. The GUNK foam cleaner is good. Have tried using it on the rocker cover before but think mine was past the point of being saved so a re-paint is needed :)

Awesome Guide, Always wondered. It is done to be honest. This is an execellent guide. And really clear guide with briliant result.

Would you need to cover all wiring if I degrease and brush it off and use some cloths and no water???

New car so decided to clean the bay. Will need more work at a later date ( Warm Weather ) But heres the first results using a Foam cleaner.

Before

After

Back