• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my long ass cosmic ep3 build!finally lowered

Well at 7 ish last night these turned up:twisted:

builduppictures254.jpg

Couldn't wait to get started and felt like a kid at christmas

builduppictures260.jpg

all parts laid out ready for transfer of top mounts from the oem suspension, rears were easy to change but the fronts ended up rounding off, tried everything to get the nut off but no luck. Eventually decided to take a kack saw to the offending item and chopped the end off which means my oem front shocks are now knackered but oh well.

builduppictures261.jpg

bye bye oem!

builduppictures267.jpg

after fighting with the top mounts finally got everything installed!

builduppictures263.jpg

builduppictures265.jpg

builduppictures266.jpg

managed to get a couple of pics, sorry for the bad quality. obvoiusly it will take some time to settle but you can see shes on her way to the 35mm drop this kit provides, haven't taken her for a test drive yet as about to give her a wash and then take some better pics.

builduppictures269.jpg

builduppictures272.jpg

I can imagine the balance between ride and handling being bang on being matched shocks & springs. Also being Bilstein too. Look forward to the review

well wen't out for a good drive tonight and all i can is the car feels fantastic, it feels so much more stable at high speeds now rather than feeling like the rear is going to come rounsd on you any second if you lift off. ride quality is great, not at all crashy and ride quality feels the same as oem but you get more feedback from the road as to what the cars doing. can't wait to get my frsu done and then it will be amazing. turn is is sharper and everything just feels more planted. really pleased with them and money well spent in my opinion, also its great having the security of bilstein's build quality. At £760(which is a good price) these wern't cheap for just shocks and springs but i wasn't doing it for asthetics but performance. To me alot of people go on about there car handling great just because they have coilovers but i don't think you can get both performance and quality with coilovers below the 1k mark. also the dampening and rebound have been set for optimum handling so theres nothing for me to cock up lol. anyways heres a couple of pics of how shes sitting now, sorry for the phone pics and also im hoping the front will drop about another 10mm, the drop should eventually be 35mm.

P10-06-10_1711.jpg

P10-06-10_171101.jpg

P10-06-10_171102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
superb write up mate and build thread, wish i had the funds and work space and knowledge to do this to mine. but never going to happen so highly jelous :D keep up the good work mate.

awsome car, 253 Bhp aswell, sleeper CTR ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:
yet another great update. you don't mess around with gypo mods and do the stuff yourself i respect that.

Rear looks a little too low for me.

The greatness of coilovers though.

mate such a good build thread i want your mods by any chance you haven't got a clip of your car have you id love to hear it !

i think the rear sits perfect in my opinion, the fornt is yet to drop a little though. also no sorry fella don't have any sound clips at the moment. cheers for the comments also.

well this was waiting for me when i arrived home from work, couldn't wait so decided to fit it this evening ready for japshow!

builduppictures292.jpg

builduppictures296.jpg

builduppictures300.jpg

shame the purple is different to the lca's but i still think it looks the nuts.

ha nah that was an offcut i pinched off a site i was working on ages ago, has come in handy many times though. makes the hard concrete floor seem so much more homely lol.

I like that it also reflects on the bumper making that look purple too. Do you mind me asking where you got the tie bar from and do you know if they make an orange one?

looks great, you could get the ARB powder coated ?

yeh was thinking about getting it done in white but then it would get too dirty so trying to think of a colour which would go well with the purple? might just get it done silver so it stands out lol, its a real mix and match of colours under there now with my suspension being blue and yellow lol.

i got mine second hand from troc, they dont do an orange one. tegiwa make replicas or you can get them off ebay, will prob have to import one from the states.

heres a link to the tegiwa reps.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eshop/store/eshop_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=108

Back