• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM Oxygen Sensors - Dotty???

My engine management light is on, so went up to the garage today to get it plugged into the diagnostics. I knew it was an O2 sensor, but not which one.

They have said that the car has two fault codes:

(41-1) HO2s Sensor Heater Failure
(41-4) HO2s S1 Heater Failure

"Real time data checked, heater found to be off. New upstream sensor needed"

Excuse my girlie questions, but.........

Is that the front sensor, i.e. pre-cat? I had a look at the Honda parts catalogue and there is two - a big one and a wee one :confused: Also, are the sensors the same for JDM EP3's and UK EP3's?

£157 from Honda :eek:

I've done a search, but not finding what I'm looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated guys!

Nicky

Normally on DC5's the rear one tends to go, The JDM EP3 and DC5 share the same manifold and this is quite a common fault at around the 50-75k mile point.

When mine went (DC5) it was around £140 fitted at TGM.

Chris's went too at around 70k miles.

Aye, the car is heading towards the 50k mile mark. But the sensor started failing after the Gruppe M was taken off.

So I need to get a DC5 sensor rather than a EP3 one? If so, where do I get one???

The guy you need to speak to is Dave Johnson at Hereford Honda 01432 267154

He is on here and the DC5 forum, very knowledgeable when it comes to the DC5 and EP3 - give him a bell with the fault code etc and he will sort you out, he will even send the sensor you need.

Top service :smt023

Read here

Back