• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Quite possibly the best FD2 I have seen

:twisted:

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=209978

Hats off to the guy, some really good mods selected. :cool:

WANT :)

simon82 said:
Spent a bit of time researching into what i was going to do next and so saved up my pennies and ordered the following from vtecdirect:-
Toda Manifold
Toda de-cat/cat Back exhaust
J's Racing carbon induction kit
J's racing front strut brace
J's racing rear strut brace
J's racing Torque damper
J's racing carbon fibre/leather steering wheel
18inch Mugen GP wheels in gunmetal
Rays lightweight wheels nuts

Also took advantage of a group buy on FD2 owners forum and bought the AST sportline suspension from Litchfields and to compliment this i ordered a set of Eibach rear camber arms and front bolts from TDI-North.
To go along with the Mugen wheels i got a great deal on a set of R888's from ears motorsport.
Everything waiting to be fitted! It was like christmas!!!
Photo0208.jpg

In order to make the most of the breathing mods i decided to go for broke and ordered a Hondata Flashpro from CPL to map it to suit the new mods.
Photo0207.jpg

Photo0204.jpg

camberarms.jpg

Photo0221.jpg

The suspension was fitted by andrew baird of auto-mek in east kilbride whilst the camber arms and fast road set up was done by john at progrip in bonnybridge, top job by both guys! :thumbup:

Andrew Also fitted my toda manifold for me as i couldn't get enough clearance in my own garage to get it in and out! :oops: Its a shame you can't see any of it as it really is a work of art!
mani7.jpg

mani6.jpg

mani4.jpg

I then set about installing the toda de cat/ cat back and J's racing induction kit! The induction kit was a complete pain in the ass to install but i think it was worth it in the end. Something a little bit different as everyone seems to go for Gruppe M these days!
All laid out ready for installing!
inductionexhaust025.jpg

inductionexhaust026.jpg

Front bumper removed for fitting of front scoop/intake :-
inductionexhaust032.jpg

inductionexhaust033.jpg

Scoop and cold air ducting in place:-
inductionexhaust034.jpg

inductionexhaust036.jpg

inductionexhaust037.jpg

Airbox and filter installed:-
inductionexhaust041.jpg

Finally the finished article!
inductionexhaust043.jpg

inductionexhaust045.jpg

:smile: then......

simon82 said:
Set about fitting the TODA exhaust!
Old one out and new one about to go on!
inductionexhaust014.jpg

inductionexhaust015.jpg

Photo0210.jpg

Fitted! :-D
inductionexhaust018.jpg

Heres a wee video i took when at knckhill again after fitting everything, can't see my car but it lets you hear the toda on full chat! :WOOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7d1k_CFdD0

After fitting the exhaust i went on to fit the J's torque damper, i've since taken this off for normal driving as it puts a lot of noise into the cabin but re-fit it for spirited driving and trackdays!
inductionexhaust020.jpg

inductionexhaust021.jpg

inductionexhaust023.jpg

Also decided not to tackle fitting the J's steering wheel myself for fear of setting off the airbag so Andrew baird fitted it for me also!
Photo0222.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

I thought that the airbag surround came in carbon with the steering wheel but it turns out it was a separate part so i have this ordered and still to fit it.

After all that a lot of time was spent tweaking and mapping, mostly on the road by me and a mate and i have since had it on two dynos, 1 read 234bhp and the other 253bhp so i'm guessing its somewhere in the middle so pretty pleased with that!

As the weather started to improve i got the R888's fitted to the Mugen GP's prior to my next trackday at knockhill:-
Photo0209.jpg

Photo0226.jpg

Photo0224.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

I also noticed that on the last trackday i did the car generated so much grip i was having to hang onto the steering wheel for dear life so decided to get some harnesses to hold me in place!
harness.jpg

They are Luke pro 475's and they really do make a huge difference, especially when on track! (Really want Takata's but they will come later on hopefully!)

So that s pretty much how it is sitting just now. I've still got a few bits to fit but haven't got round to it yet. The j's front strut is still to go on but i've held off on that just now as i'm changing the rocker cover and would only have to take it back off again to fit this. I bought a rocker cover from an ep3 and painted it champ white before chcking if it was the same and it turns out its not. :???: The FD2/FN2 rocker covers have bracket mounts on the right hand side to support the fuel lines and breather pipes so i can either sell the rocker on or make a new bracket so i can fit the rocker i have. Going to try and fit it as i think it looks really nice and would be a waste not to try!
rocker.jpg

To go with this i have a carbon fibre inlet manifold cover and an sfs red silicone induction hose.

I have also placed an order recently with tougedistribution but i'll keep that one for a later date! :-D

Hope you guys like!

here's a few pics and video frommy last outing at knockhill in march! Car is seriously stable now and the grip from the r888's is awsome! I gave a few exige's impreza's and other such quick cars a run for their money! :WOOT
KH2703102.jpg

4467313781_22283be01c.jpg

SIDCMarch_287.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUACHNG_5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dadnFsDAmCw

:-D :-D

Top notch.

That geezer has spent some $$$ :lol:

That's a seriously nice motor. J's intake looks lush and I never tire of the Mugen wheels.

FD2 is next on the cards for me I think. Can't justify the price atm though.

Jermal said:
That's a seriously nice motor. J's intake looks lush and I never tire of the Mugen wheels.

FD2 is next on the cards for me I think. Can't justify the price atm though.
I have a feeling that is where I'm heading next too.

Seeing as you've done the rest dotty :lol:

Looks great, and I like the wheels. Silly bugger buying the cover without checking it fitted though :lol:

That build is epic, I read it on CTRO off Dotty's FB link.

Massive amount of money spent.

I cant help thinking though that if I wanted a four door saloon I'd get a AWD turbo.

Its nice to be different, but think what he could have if he spent that on an Evo, beside a huge petrol bill :lol: .

No idea myself but how much do ya reckon all thats cost? He's obviously minted the lucky g!t :lol:

Gosh ............

He's selling drugs for real :p

Tony, I'll do you a good deal on a 2008 FD2 ;)

I think he said he got the money from saving for a trak car, already having the FD2 as his daily.

Then he suddenly realised how capable the FD2 is and thought he'd spend his wedge on that.

Nice job if you can get it :lol: .

Back