• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Quite possibly the best FD2 I have seen

Hi guys!
Thought i would come and introduce myself as this is my FD2! thansk for the comments and i'm glad you guys like it!
Everyone seems hung up on the money side of things for some reason though so i'll clear that up just now. I'm not minted, I saved up for quite some time to buy a track car(and also to move house) but realising that i wouldn't be able to afford the track car i would really have liked to build i decided to put the money into my FD2. Pretty much every penny i have spare just now goes on the car although by ordering a few parts at the same time i saved a lot on postage/tax etc as well as negotiating a decent discount!:)
Oh, and no i'm not selling drugs Edy!:lol:

I realise that for the money i have spent i could have had a fairly decent evo putting out impressive power but its just not my thing. Power isn't everything to me and having driven a few powerful evo's i have to say they don't give me the same enjoyment that i get from the civic. besides its nice to be a little different!;)

I did make a cock up by painting the spare rocker i had without checking it would actually go straight on but this is all part of the fun! I will still be fitting it i will just need to make a new bracket to hold the breather/fuel lines now so that it doesn't need to attach to the rocker cover. It will make checking tappets less hassle and should look neater when i'm done hopefully!

There is more to come on this car and so i'll keep this updated if you guys like as and when things arrive and i get the chance to fit them! I'm also hoping to be at JAE again this year on CTRO stand again!

thanks again guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!
Thought i would come and introduce myself as this is my FD2! thansk for the comments and i'm glad you guys like it!
Everyone seems hung up on the money side of things for some reason though so i'll clear that up just now. I'm not minted, I saved up for quite some time to buy a track car(and also to move house) but realising that i wouldn't be able to afford the track car i would really have liked to build i decided to put the money into my FD2. Pretty much every penny i have spare just now goes on the car although by ordering a few parts at the same time i saved a lot on postage/tax etc as well as negotiating a decent discount!:)
Oh, and no i'm not selling drugs Edy!:lol:

I realise that for the money i have spent i could have had a fairly decent evo putting out impressive power but its just not my thing. Power isn't everything to me and having driven a few powerful evo's i have to say they don't give me the same enjoyment that i get from the civic. besides its nice to be a little different!;)

I did make a cock up by painting the spare rocker i had without checking it would actually go straight on but this is all part of the fun! I will still be fitting it i will just need to make a new bracket to hold the breather/fuel lines now so that it doesn't need to attach to the rocker cover. It will make checking tappets less hassle and should look neater when i'm done hopefully!

There is more to come on this car and so i'll keep this updated if you guys like as and when things arrive and i get the chance to fit them! I'm also hoping to be at JAE again this year on CTRO stand again!

thanks again guys! :)

Welcome - love the car :)

It has given me some naughty ideas :)

Welcome to TRO. Nice car, I sold my FD2 a while ago. TBH I can't see why everyone is getting hung up on the money side of it either. A number of us here bought our FD2s brand new so what's the difference bewteen buying new or buying used and spending a few K on mods???? Or buying new and spening money on mods - still cheaper than a new EVO or STI and with half the running costs.

Cheers for the welcome guys! I'll try to keep this updated for those yfou you that are interested! Next updates will probably start in July when my next order arrives!

Well its July and its update time! Some of the parts i ordered a few months back have started to appear so thought i had better get my finger out and make a start on getting the car up to scratch.

This big beast arrived on Thursday :-
box.jpg

In this box was my J's racing rear diffuser, J's racing baffled sump, Feel's Carbon spoiler Blade, Takata Harnesses and my Carbon centre console cover. Unfortunately still waiting on my Mugen front splitter anf Gauges to arrive but i have enough to be getting on with just now Anyway! :roll: :lol:

Diffuser:-
Diffuser.jpg

Sump:-
Sump.jpg

Before i set about fitting new bits thought it was time to spruce the car up with a bit of engine bay pimping and a detail.
I fitted a new rocker cover courtesy of Brencivic on CTRO along with some sfs coolant hoses and samco breather hoses. I still have a few bits still to fit and tidy up bit its coming along quite nicely. the one i had already done was going to prove too much hassle to re route the other pipes etc:-

rocker2.jpg

enginenew.jpg

I also managed to fit my Feel's carbon spoiler blade although it was far from a bolt in bolt out job. the blade itself is about half an inch narrower than the standard one and so took a lot more effort than first hoped to get it to fit. That said though i am pretty pleased with the end result!
-spoilerblade.jpg

Standard spoiler blade removed

Boot-spoiler.jpg

Spoiler supports removed to allow fitting the new blade without damaging it!

Feels4.jpg

Spoiler made up ready to be refitted to car.

The finished article! 8)
Feels3.jpg

feels2.jpg

feels1.jpg

Its pretty subtle but i like it. its a bit thicker than standard and has a flared end which gives it a mean look in my opinion!
Hope you guys like!
Will post up the rest as and when i get the chance to fit them!

I want your car :lol: nice cam cover :) is it just white or is it like mine with pearlescent blue as well

Back