• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Quite possibly the best FD2 I have seen

I want one of these as my next car :) whats next for this epic beast?

taking a break after i have fitted everything that i have just now and just going to spend time tidying it up/ undersealing it and of course driving it! Got mugen front splitter coming and mugen assist meters coming soon so will get them on and that'll be it.............For now! :)

good stuff matey, cant wait to get more things for mine. Looking forward to seeing more of this thread :D

Looking good Simon mate! Yours is going to be one of the best FD2's in the country by far!

Well had another busy night last night. Managed to get the diffuser and quick shifter fitted which i shall come back to in a minute. Also had to remove the Feels spoiler as i really wasn't happy with the fit. Turns out i was right not to be happy with it as there are two mounting brackets supposed to be supplied with it that i didn't have so its no surprise the fit was shoddy! Few e-mails back and forward to Adam@Touge this morning though and there is (hopefully by now) a set of brackets on their way to me now. Should hopefully have the spoiler back on properly in a week or so.

Anyway set about fitting the diffuser last night and i have to say i'm very pleased with the fit and look, especially with the mugen wheels although not running them at the minute. I could ramble on about fitting it but instead i'll just put up a few pics as they say it better than i could! :-D

fuser1.jpg

fuser3.jpg

fuser2.jpg

Really really pleased with it i have to say!

Right, onto the quickshifter. I have driven a few cars with quickshifts in them before and noticed a good improvement in feel and throw between gears but i have to say that when i fitted the Mugen quick shift last night i was terribly dissapointed in it. Absolutely no difference whatsoever to the standard shift. If anyone is thinking of getting one of these i would say don't waste your money as it makes no difference at all on the FD2. Its a common part for FD2/FN2 so may make a difference on an FN2 but does nothing on the FD2 :rolleyes: Perhaps one of the other tuning companies ones would be better but the mugen one is basically a stock shifter. Oh well, we live and learn i guess!
Next up to go in will be the Takata's and on Friday i'm fittin gthe baffled sump so its all coming together now. :-D

I really like it actually, was it hard to fit? Your car is awesome and a great example of a spoilt Civic......but do you have any pics of the two Evos and the NHB EP3 too? :lol:

fd2 ftw! there arent many around in the second hand market i found when i was sort of looking into buying one as they are a four door type r with a boot! i like where you are going with this keep it up!

Well its been a while since i last updated this thread, mostly due to work but thats not really a good excuse now is it!?! :-D
Not a huge update but an update none the less!
I bought a set of Mugen sill plates not long after i bought the car but ive only just got round to fitting them. I thought they might be a bit cheesey with the japanese english on them but i think they look good lol!
sillplates.jpg

I now have my Mugen assist meters fitted and working nicely and i have to say they really set off the interior and break the dash up quite nicely i think. (will get better pics up later, sorry!)
gauges.jpg

Was a fair amount of faffing around to fit these i have to say as it seems to be with most things on the FD2 but its all worth it!
Back in August Type-r-scotland had another one of our sprint days and one of the guys that comes to these events is quite handy with a camera and took some pictures of my car for me.
heres a few of the engine bay as it is just now and also of the J's diffuser and tow hook, its a bit love/hate but i'm very much in the love category!
Paul_Smith062.jpg

Engine bay:-
Paul_Smith065.jpg

Paul_Smith039.jpg

I then came across these and just couldn't resist. One of the things that has annoyed me about my car since i got it was a mark on the passenger seat that i couldn't get rid of and its always really bugged me soooooooo......
seats.jpg

Probably should have told the misses these were coming as she got a rude awakening by the Couriers this morning! :oops:
All was forgiven though when she unwrapped them and had a seat in them! I was only allowed to buy them so long as they were not full buckets so managed to get away with it ! :-D
seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

IMG00125-20101108-1721.jpg

Apologies pictures aint the best but you get the idea! They are Bride Euro II's and i can't wait to get them in the car now!
Here is a pic from the guy i bought them off to show you the proper colour(misses using blackberry camera phone so not the best)
DSCF2751.jpg

Thats it for now but next update shouldn't be too far away hopefully when i get seats in and finally after 7 months of waiting my Mugen front splitter should finally be here! I'll also have a new set of wheels on soon too hopefully if i can sell the Mugens so i can get them refurbed and get some tyres on them!
To be continued.....!!!!

Back