• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

insurance company won't insure me this year!! help

Esure have given me the best quote by far for the past 2 years and i have been happy! its one of the main reasons i bought a type R!!

3rd year and i get a letter saying due to their conditions changing in their underwriters they cant insure me :mad::eek:
i had my 1st ever accident earlier this year, single car incident at fault, all paid out, that's only reason they wont insure me! :rolleyes: no convictions and 9 years driving with 5 years ncb!!! but i believe my postcode is horrendous when it comes to insurance!

is what they're doing allowed?? have i now technically been declined insurance and harder for me to get elsewhere and do i have to tell other insurers i have been declined?? :confused:

im getting quotes of around 2K now!! double of what esure did! i have tried adrian flux, sky insurance, chrisknots, confused.com, comparethemarket.com, directline, call connections, swinton etc A-plan are to get back to me yet..

what else can i try??

Last edited by a moderator:
2 grand witgh 9yrs driving and 5yrs NCB... where do you live... Afghanistan? Was your NCB protected when you made a claim?

I might as well be at this rate lol! I live in London, about 10minutes from Heathrow airport
my bonus was protected, it would have been 6 years this year but i had the accident, so 5.

admiral and elephant quoted the best so far, about £1800 which is still high!
their were a few companies that quoted about £900..... but with a stupid 3k excess!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! i changed the postcode to literally just down the road from were i live, about 5 miles away, at my uncles house, and the insurance drops by over £1000!! couldnt believe it :eek: might have to move out :lol:

Hi Mate

Not sure if you know but you can get excess insurance now, it wouldn't cover the 3k you mentioned but I found this one that will insure up to £750. http://www.insure4excess.com/ there are other companies that do this so you may be able to find one who would insure higher amounts.

Also not sure what mileage you do but making sure you dont put too much on there can really affect the price. Reducing your estimated miles by even a couple of thousand can knock quite a bit off your premiums.

Hope I'm not pointing out the obvious here.

Hope this helps.

Jim

wow! i changed the postcode to literally just down the road from were i live, about 5 miles away, at my uncles house, and the insurance drops by over £1000!! couldnt believe it :eek: might have to move out :lol:

could register the car to him and his address and say it is kept there...?

why would it? If your a named driver on a policy you can drive it. If anything happened to happen to the car at a different address you can still claim should you need to and will still be insured!!!

why would it? If your a named driver on a policy you can drive it. If anything happened to happen to the car at a different address you can still claim should you need to and will still be insured!!!

So he is a named driver on his uncles policy, on his 'uncles' car? Yet he is the main driver. Welcome to insurance fronting.

Basically yes. How is anyone going to be any the wiser that he is using the car more then his uncle. Its a solution to his expensive insurance quotes. Try to pick an argument someone else cherry nuts.

Basically yes. How is anyone going to be any the wiser that he is using the car more then his uncle. Its a solution to his expensive insurance quotes. Try to pick an argument someone else cherry nuts.

Oh right, so it's fine to do something illegal if it saves you money and it's sneaky?

Excellent.

Seriously, its not like he is going to be driving uninsured! he will be insured as a named driver. And more to the point on my second insurance policy with my misses as a named driver no where in that policy does it state i have to drive the car more then her, and even if i didn't how the hell would anyone know!?!

Seriously, its not like he is going to be driving uninsured! he will be insured as a named driver. And more to the point on my second insurance policy with my misses as a named driver no where in that policy does it state i have to drive the car more then her, and even if i didn't how the hell would anyone know!?!

Awesome, guess my Gran is going to be the new owner of a turbo'd ep3.

No, tell me why i cant do what i am doing on my insurance? You wanted an argument you got one.

Tell me why he couldn't do what i suggested? It works for me and my misses and im not doing anything illegal.

No, tell me why i cant do what i am doing on my insurance? You wanted an argument you got one.

Tell me why he couldn't do what i suggested? It works for me and my misses and im not doing anything illegal.

That's just it, by having someone other than the main driver insured as the "main driver" it is illegal. I am not having an argument, rather stating a fact.

Clicky

Insurance ‘fronting' occurs when someone other than the main driver of a vehicle is incorrectly declared as the policy holder. An example of this would be a parent insuring a car and declaring themselves as the main driver in order to reduce the insurance premium, when in fact their son or daughter will be the main user of the vehicle. By doing this, motorists are committing fraud and under contract terms, could invalidate an insurance policy.

I didn't say as the main driver i said as a named driver. As a named driver the said person is more in their legal right to drive the car!

I made no more then a suggestion. All be it not the best one but it is still one that could be considered. As for your sticky, i once again say who the hell would know!!! If the driver got pulled or had an accident the insurance company are not gonna say " oh we know you always use the car, we are not paying out". Simple fact is they wouldn't know. Stop being a pussy.

At the end of the day it's fraudulent, so stop going on about it and having a pop at people if they don't want to do it. It's the same as not declaring mods IMO and should not be encouraged.

You wanted an argument you got one.

Fail.

Argument lost by you due to the fact that you are suggesting an illegal solution to his "expensive insurance problem".

Do you lack the ability to see what you suggest is quite naughty?

The idea is to register the car and owner at the address where it is kept. :roll:

Back