• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which Type R with the K20 engine is lightest?

Is you uk ep3 weight correct? I think think the official weight was around the EVO figure quoted above?? 1204kg? Cant understand where the JDM loses about 80kg when its exactly the same :s... Maybe its the thinner CW paintwork??

I know the DC5 is slighlty lighter around 1170 or something.

Still FD2 FTW ***!

Depends what its weighed with though, full tank of fuel and two people maybe??

ah majority of sources do quote 1204kg though. i'm only going of that. dunno if anyone could find official figures?? just couldnt possibly see how that site quotes the JDM as being 80 odd kg lighter? for what? think the JDM weight is about right. (by all other sources).

probably the same as a JDM EP3 with no fluids in ;) haaa.

i thought you mighta known for sure julian. what did you manage to get yours down to in the end??

It was at 1120kg mate back in Feb but with the ce28's fitted and a lighter battery i should be at 1100 or just under now i reckon with half a tank of fuel in it.

I could hit 1050kg i reckon with carbon doors and lexan front windows but that won't be until next year i reckon now.

UK EP3 is 1204kg dry weight no fluids in it.

And the JDM EP3 comes in at 1190kg dry weight (DC5 is 1170 dry weight). It should be noted that the JDM doesn't get A/C and a radio as standard, they (along with a a couple of kgs from the flywheel) add up to make the remainder of the UK figure. Also there are other small things like the rear headrests and front fogs.

I'm fairly sure that those with a pre-facelift eu ep3 without a/c or rear headrests will be about as light as stock ep3's get.

Thus DC5 ep3 is the lightest in stock form.

i have a weighbridge at my work, i have a pre-facelift ep3 and im just over 1200 with 1/4 tank of petrol and all normal fluids in, our weight bridge has to be ultra acurate too because the cops use it... :|

And the JDM EP3 comes in at 1190kg dry weight (DC5 is 1170 dry weight). It should be noted that the JDM doesn't get A/C and a radio as standard, they (along with a a couple of kgs from the flywheel) add up to make the remainder of the UK figure. Also there are other small things like the rear headrests and front fogs.

I'm fairly sure that those with a pre-facelift eu ep3 without a/c or rear headrests will be about as light as stock ep3's get.

Thus DC5 ep3 is the lightest in stock form.

Ey... LOL. What's one of those then?

That's in Japan on their Jungle juice though Jermal, DC5s over here tend to come out around 205-210 standard.

I've not seen a DC5 without A/C either, so they are 1180KG apparently.

A drag race between all 5 would be fun.

DC5

Kerb weight 1170 kg + 216bhp = 184.62 bhp/ton

UK EP3

Kerb weight 1270 kg + 197bhp = 155.12 bhp/ton

JDM EP3

Kerb weight 1190 kg + 212bhp = 178.15 bhp/ton

FN2

Kerb weight 1301 kg + 198bhp = 152.19 bhp/ton

FD2

Kerb weight 1270 kg + 222bhp = 174.8 bhp/ton

In summary, the DC5 is the lightest and on paper the most powerful. In real world terms though, the FD2 is the best handling and performing car out of the bunch.

I thought the EP3 weighed in at 1204kg not 1270?

Back