• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 pre face lift vs DC5 face lift

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 2 DC5 Integra's and which one is quicker? I read somewhere that the DC5 face lift has slightly better acceleration due to different gear ratios???

Also would a DC5 be any quicker than the EP3 Civic JDM?

Rob,

In all of your threads about which is quicker and the like, the margins you're talking about are marginal at best, there is no way you are going to notice the difference in a flywheel weight while sprinting, there are too many variables in it, like if the wind is blowing or not.

Yes go for the best one you can, but in regard to your question about DC5's I would pick the pre over the FL because the cosmetics are better, regardless of flywheel weight.

Just something to think about mate.

I thought all Type R's were about the same speed and power (JDM types)

You could always get a NSX-R and you will have the fastest Type R then :D

Slightly different suspension set up to. If you look on you tube there are comparison videos. In my biased opinion, the pre-facelift is best by far :)

Pre facelift is a far nicer looking car. Facelift headlights look too clinical and lack character. Rear lights look like halfords specials.

Then there is that unsightly black rubber strip on the rear bumper which is completely out of place.

Quite like the front bumper though.

Here's the facelift, personally I much prefer the PFL.

WhiteDC5_1.sized.jpg

WhiteDC5_2.sized.jpg

I always preferred the facelift...probably explains why I bought one. I agree with Tony on the black strip in the bumper, I never got round to colour-coding mine.

Makes me nostalgic, almost wish I hadn't sold it now :(

Comparison pics of both guise would be nice, for those that ar'nt that family with the finer cosmetic differences of each.

Mainly me :lol: .

Well done Dott.

Yeah, that rear bumper on the FL is a little FLT, its not as bad as I was expecting though.

I like the pre facelift ones but the grille ruins them the facelift grille looks ace so i prefer them seen a white facelift one the other day for sale over here for £12,000 if only i had sold my car it would be on my drive now lol.

Back