• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

any idea if its possible to get my EP3 K100 with LPG conversion ??

hi all anyone no if its possible at all ??

the one downside running the EP3 on Gas and i only fount out after the install that the conversion is limited to 6k so fine for daily commuting but the odd blag is still gonna be petrol based

so if i could get it remapped to pop in at say 4.5k i could get some fun with gas also if possible

any ideas would be great having spent £1400 on a romano performance gas system id like the vtec sound kicking in on that as well save save :eek:

You bought a Honda EP3 Civic Type R and then had a big LPG tank and associated ancillaries installed? :shock:

The car is supposed to be a well balanced Hot Hatch with a lightweight attitude.

If the fuel consumption was not to your liking then maybe a Civic Diesel would have been more appropriate.

so it can't be done, to be fair is gas that heavy ?? the spare wheel is removed can't weight that much more than the tank !! the LPG is switchable so you can gain full rpm at any stage instantly

the car is used for daily commutes through cov mostly so don't flame the idea of gas at 57/1 a litre

anyways ive got a proper car for speed this is the commuter

I've seen and read about a DC5 converted to gas.

If you live in London, I can see wht this may be done.

I dont think this should be done, but I can see why.

If I still had my EP3 and had to drive it into London everyday, but still liked the gearbox, seats, dash and feel good factor it gave. If I didnt want to sell it and didnt care about tracking it or modding it, and if my employers offered to pay for the conversion I would consider it.

At the flick of a switch it goes back to petrol, yes its heavy, but as about as heavy as a sub, DVD player and massive speakers that you see in some CTR's.

I would love to see this.

But tbh why would you want to have fun with the gas, surely you had it installed for for economy? The petrol will be far more superior if you're trying to have a spirited drive and the gas is there to save. We have a gas van at work and on gas it's utter crap, with a map I reckon the gas would still run awefully slow.

If you run gas you are exempt from the congestion charge in London, our company pay £7 pound a day per vehicle, so its expensive.

The gas vans I have driven are excellent, cant tell when they switch over from petrol or anything.

If you run gas you are exempt from the congestion charge in London, our company pay £7 pound a day per vehicle, so its expensive.

The gas vans I have driven are excellent, cant tell when they switch over from petrol or anything.

Yeah ours are exempt too, £10 for the privaledge but saves us alot of dosh. Ahh I'm used to driving Berlingo 1.6s and you don't notice the gas at all except the major loss in power and the sound you hear in Fast and the Furious when they turn their NOS on :lol: I just didn't really see why they would want to cain it using the gas rather than the petrol (I know the gas is already fitted, didn't look like I knew the way I was talking)

EDIT: I have may have misread what they said lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Right 1st proper test drive today, done about 40 miles - the rev's still hit the vtec and the vtec kicks in its still aggresive and sounds peachy

the spare wheel is no longer in the car so ive saved a tadge of weight, its nice to see the petrol gauge still and still hammering it lol

remember ive gone for the romano performance injection system not a bog standard, i had a focus 1.6 on dual fuel and that was crap this however seems better

i'll post some pics up later with the install

yeah soon as its had its 1000 mile service after initial run in i'll get around to it

doesn't fully keep up with the vtec but hey i can switch to petrol for a proper kill time

200 miles in topped up the gas tank (LPG or Autogas) £26.26 thats with hard driving testing the vtec to see if there is a difference all in all a good start

Back