• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skelly Ops' '84 Benz Tiger Tank

Picked this up last night for the summer...

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

That is awesome.

My neighbour had one of these for years until having to change to something newer to tow his caravan. He still regrets selling it to this day even though he now has a £35k+ new Merc.

He's a mechanic/garage owner and swears that these are the best cars Merc ever built.

In addition, African dictators like these a lot, and they can't all be wrong.

Will go on for ages that. Didn't James May drive ones of those across Botswana?

Lovely, looks in good nick as well for an '84/5 car.

Are you eligible for classic car insurance with it being 25 years old?

Will go on for ages that. Didn't James May drive ones of those across Botswana?

The very same iirc, a 230E

Lovely, looks in good nick as well for an '84/5 car.

Are you eligible for classic car insurance with it being 25 years old?

Cheers bud, yeah its eligible for classic insurance, £200 a year

Its a cracker, obviously for a 26 year old car there are some snags, but on the whole its sweet as, engine and gearbox are sound.

Classic car insurance FTW, paying 18 quid a month for this, with no NCB as my 8 years is on my golfs policy.

so how many leaks, heater stuck on full blast, wobbly gearchange & lower wishbone ball joints has the old girl had so far?

oh add perished bottom radiator hose to the list.

Rossy my good man, the list is long.

My favourite has to be the accelerator linkage that has torn away from the bulkhead. This has resulted in having to press the accelerator with much higher force than normal to enable movement. Of course, Being safety concious, I have repaired this using blu tak and duct tape. Pics to follow.

Another gem is the petrol guage and oil pressure guage falling to zero whenever the brake pedal is pressed.

Of secondary concern is the brake pedal judder, think how a brake pedal feels when ABS is working, that's what mines's like, all the time.

But aside from those minor niggles, everything is fantastic, auto gearbox is strong. Considering it's done a paltry 245,000 miles. Lush. Best £500 ever spent.

Back