• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not a HONDA owner anymore :(

I have just sold my ep3. Need another honda though, I haven't swatted up on the older civics yet, but is there such a thing as a 1.4 vti? (ek4)
Just need something cheaper to run as i have bought my first house :)
What are the faults or big problems i need to look out for when buying one of these?

yh i been looking at them, could do with a 1.4 to keep costs down!. Proving hard to find any i like!

yh i been looking at them, could do with a 1.4 to keep costs down!. Proving hard to find any i like!
:smt021

Look out for the 1.5 VTEC-E they are massively economical and for what they are, fairly pokey too. ;)

sorry for the 'yh'. Its been a while since i have been on here. yes, you do have a point, i have been looking at the figures of a few cars. But a seat arosa is faster than the 1.5. But i do like my honda's!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.4 is less economical than the 1.5. It's slower too, you want the 1.5 if you're going down that route. Definitely no to automatics too, if you like driving!

ibiza 1.9 tdi 130 sport, can buy an early one for 2-2500, remap for 300 quid and you're at 180 bhp, 300lb/ft torque, insurance grp 8 and 60mpg. its win win

ibiza 1.9 tdi 130 sport, can buy an early one for 2-2500, remap for 300 quid and you're at 180 bhp, 300lb/ft torque, insurance grp 8 and 60mpg. its win win
2k! Where are you looking? Most of the early ones are around the £3,500+ mark. A remap alone will not see 180bhp, despite what the tuning companies tell you, 165-170bhp is a much more realistic figure. Plus 60mpg is hard to get unless you drive like your gran, 50MPG is easily achievable though.

A good shout, they are good cars, if you can live with the tractor noise effects... ;)

Who the chuff wants a fecking diesel? :lol:

I do agree though they are good cars, same engine as the Fabia VRS. I know they gain a huge amount of torque from a decent remap but they do sound aweful.

thanks for the idea's guys. I will keep looking. The benefit of a 1.4 over the 1.5 is the insurance group. At least if i get a Honda, it should live for a long time at least!

... is there such a thing as a 1.4 vti? (ek4)
Just need something cheaper to run...

Look out for the 1.5 VTEC-E they are massively economical and for what they are, fairly pokey too. ;)

...could do with a 1.4 to keep costs down!.

The 1.4 is less economical than the 1.5. It's slower too, you want the 1.5 if you're going down that route...

The benefit of a 1.4 over the 1.5 is the insurance group.

what mods' can be done to a 1.4i to boost the hp? can you get them to 120hp?

:lol:

So let me get this right, you buy a 1.4, spend an extra £500 to £1,000 to make it as powerful (if it can even be done) as the 1.5. Then your insurance will be cheaper than a 1.5? And it will be more fuel efficient than the 1.5? :rolleyes:

I've had first hand experience with both models, the 1.5 is simply superior in every way!

:lol:

So let me get this right, you buy a 1.4, spend an extra £500 to £1,000 to make it as powerful (if it can even be done) as the 1.5. Then your insurance will be cheaper than a 1.5? And it will be more fuel efficient than the 1.5? :rolleyes:

I've had first hand experience with both models, the 1.5 is simply superior in every way!

lmfao

golly gosh, thats me told then aint it. Mods would be done over time, not straight away, i was needing a car to keep up with mates.

Back