• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine conversions?

Can a b16 ek9/ek4 engine be put into a toyota starlet, or am i not allowed to use the 't' word ha ha.
Or another way, put a starlet glanza v engine into a ek4? can this be done. or am i just dreaming.
Was thinking it could be a possible project, would be different aswell?

I would assume that there would be immense amounts of work required creating a Honda/Toyota marriage.

you are probably correct. was just wondering if such a task had been done before? a b16ab into a starlet would be a good marriage i think ha ha.

you are probably correct. was just wondering if such a task had been done before? a b16ab into a starlet would be a good marriage i think ha ha.

The Starlet/Galanza would surely have more power potential anyway (I assume) due to the turbocharged setup. Increasing boost/internals etc would surely be a more suitable way forward.

If you throw enough money at it, you can pretty much put any engine in any car, whether it's worth it or not is a whole other thing.

If you throw enough money at it, you can pretty much put any engine in any car, whether it's worth it or not is a whole other thing.

Nick you still got the AE86? Havent they put all sorts of engines in those things over the years?

Still on the look out for the right one dude, so haven't even managed to have one to to get rid of yet! But yeah they've thrown all sorts in them man, from F20C to Rotary engines, 1JZ, 2JZ, RB26, V8s etc..

The F20 swap appeals to me, a lot!

There are a few vids on Youtube Nick, but they're all a bit sh*t, but have a look and some give the general idea of pace.

The engine just seems suited to the 86 perfectly, revvy, and progressive but 120hp more than standard, plus a 6 speed box.

Back