• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Speaker sizes / recommendations

Hey everyone,

Got a nice alpine stereo put in a few months back, it's great but the EP3's speaker's are a little lacking!

Does anyone know what sizes I would need to replace them?

And if anyone has any they would like to recommend, im open to suggestions as my speaker knowledge isn't the best! I'm guessing they would be easy to fit though.

Cheers guys,

I think the front doors are something like 16.5cm? I had some Focal components (still got them 8 years later!) fitted in mine, the mids dropped straight in the doors with the tweeters fitted into the wing mirror bit inside.

Find a good audio dealer near you and see if you can have a listen and see what they recommend. Any idea of budget? Focals were/are pricey but worth every penny IMO ;)

Cheers for the response mate, appreciated. I don't know very much about decent car speaker setups. I'm guessing my budget would be £100 or less, even if it just sorts the fronts out as I'm guesing they're the most important.

Pretty sure the only place around here is Halfords that do them too, and after the hassle (3weeks!) to get them to fit my Alpine stereo I'm not too confident going back in even for advise!

It might we worth taking a trip to somewhere then, I generally wouldn't trust Halfords to to fit a bell to a pushbike.

Have a look on here for the sort of speakers available in your budget. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/subcategories/c_path/60/spd/speakers---subs.html

If you can find somewhere decent to fit them, go with the best components you can afford otherwise, have a look at the co-axials as they'd be easier to fit yourself if you're not overly confident ;)

http://www.caraudiokent.co.uk/home.php Any good? Not too far from you. :)

All i done on my Ep3 was put a new cd player then ran a blaupunkt amp with 6x9 speakers in the parcel shelf and that improved the clarity no end

Looking at doing this myself and i know this is a old thread but to save new ones being made and save people asking, the front speaker size is 13cm and rear 16cm. you need a fitting adaptor for front and for rear aswell £10 on ebay.

I am sure both front and rear are the same size in an EP3 mate. I used 6.5" one's when i upgraded mine if i remember correctly.

Just going to keep to the rear speakers not going to bother with front ones.

Just sold my amp and sub so keeping one amp now and run the speakers off that, the sub was too big in the boot and i mainly listen to radio and it sounds **** on the radio.

why change the rears and not the fronts? i changed my fronts and have turned the rears off cos they are pap! :)

Will be doing this soon? Is it a had job or is it straight forward? Ie taking door cards etc off?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I'm interested in what set-ups people are running, I know nothing about audio electronics, but I do appreciate my music (punk, rock and ska).

What would all you people in the know advise for an improvement in quality?

I'm interested in what set-ups people are running, I know nothing about audio electronics, but I do appreciate my music (punk, rock and ska).

What would all you people in the know advise for an improvement in quality?
I usually use alpine stuff can't go wrong with alpine. just now though am using infinity 6x9s speakers and an alpine amp to power them i had a alpine type r sub and a mono alpine amp but got rid of it for boot space, and planning on changing over the rear oem speakers and maybe the front ones.

Just now with my 6x9s and amp i find i get good sound and is probably good enough but nothings good enough when you like spending money on crap haha.

Try amplifying your OEM speakers. It would give better sound.

If you're planning on amplified system complete with sub.

Make sure you use atleast gauge 4 wirings and thick RCA's, otherwise you would get annoying static noise and damage your speakers eventually.

Back