• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Talk to me about Prelude's

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
I put my car on PH on Sunday to see if there would be any interest in it. I've had a few emails, offering PX's of some form or another, but I got a message today asking if I'd be interested in a Prelude. I did have Prelude down in the PX box as well as a DC2, I know Des had one and loved it and they seem quite a popular car.

Anyway, someone asking if I'f be interested in the following:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1969044.htm

I'm quite tempted to be honest, but I know nothing about them.

know nothing about them but that looks quite nice & clean. Apart from that weird spoiler like thing.

My dad had one years ago and loved it. That's all I know about them lol. Have you not thought about the later model? (I only ever seem to see them in a gold colour)

Looks pretty tidy that Mate had one and absolutely loved it.

What is his reason for wanting rid though?

Star Trek dash FTW.

Mine was the 2.2 JDM SI...I think the JDM's are SI's...we are going back a few years now.
But it was rock solid, ran like a dream for the year I had it. Very weird Axminster style carpets in them (as seen in the PH ad), and very very thirsty! You might find it to be a bit rattle and creaky. The back seats are only there for insurance purposes, 2+2 seaters are a lower group than just a 2 apparently, so they are of no use whatsoever.
Be very careful when pushing it into corners, I found mine understeered like a barsteward!

But loved mine, only got rid as I needed something with a bigger boot.

Cheers. I'm not keen on something that will understeer heavily though.

Chris you want a JDM BB4 none 4WS, THERE 197hp Stock, not sure if they have LSD. Will find out.

We had one, put a none expensive intake, good service, blueflame exhaust on and it was pretty damn quick, faster than a ATR with only de-cat mod.

Hard to come buy a decent one though.

Yeah. You want the one with the red top engine generally. I used to be well into these, joined forums like LudeBehaviour and such. Sadly never driven one...

That's the fourth gen model which is the personal favourite. The fifth gen gets more attention and has a better looking rear, but a daft looking front end IMO.

Yay:
3864d1281674548-mugen-front-end-blacklude04sizedqh4.jpg

Boo:
0610_ht_01_Z%2B1997_Honda_Prelude%2Bfront_view.jpg

I actually really like that ^^^^
The 4th gen front does look better, but the 5th isnt oogly, I would be happy with either.

The black 5th gen looks amazing. Sign me up. The 4th gen from add looks pretty nice but after seeing that black one....

:lol: So you'll be back in an ATR about a week after you sell it then.

Probably.

Thing is, I've always been tied to a car because of finance which makes it monumentally difficult to sell. Having the freedom to swap and change as I see fit due to owning the ATR outright and theoretically being able to sell it easier and with less hassle than one with finance, I fancy trying some different cars, budget and market permitting.

I had a 92 J Plate JDM 2.2 VTEC SI in silver. It was an amazing car. Totally reliable and a great VTEC kick although not anywhere near as hard a kick as the Integra.
It's a great crusing car.
That black one above looks very nice and they are so so cheap now.
They make an excellent buy!

That 4th gen looks nice, I would have thought a bit pricey though.

If you get it, I've got a standard rear wing in the right colour so you can get rid of the horrible ironing board ;)

I prefer 4th Gens to be standard looking.
I know mine wasn't when I had it.
Mine had a factory bodykit (subtle) and I put dark chrome 5 (twin) spoke wheels on it and Lexus style clear lights (when they first came out). It was already lowered.
If I were to choose another 'Lude I'd deffo opt for the 5th Gen 2.2VTi Motegi UKDM in either the pineapple yellow or the lush Dark Blue they do it in.
Although Black is very nice but rare.

Back