• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Talk to me about Prelude's

I had a 4g JDM Si VTEC lude for 3 or 4 years, lovely car.

I was tempted to look for a 5g but then a EP3 turned up.

From memory the 4g got a facelift in 94-
new rear seats (no arm rest storage compartment)
drivers armrest
chrome front lights (early ones had black inners- which looked better IMO)
different alloys
EL dials (very sought after)

The 4ws chassis is a BB1 and the 2ws a BB4, when talking about the 2.2 VTEC motor. Generally BB4s were sunroofless, but could be spec'd to anything really.

The turning circle on the 4ws was great, mine did chuck a wobbler and display the warning light (which then resulted in me fishtailing at motorway speeds = brown pants. It was a simple fix though- solder had cracked in the 4ws ECU.

JDM cars had 197 bhp (think they're 100 ron fuel helped though) all UKDM 4g had 185. JDMs also had 1 piece headlights, very sought after again. Although they were terrible, I could leave them on full and no one would flash, like candles! lol

I had mine lowered on KYB shocks and Tein springs, good tyres and never had any problem with understeer TBH.

Any questions about 4g's just give me a shout.

markslude.jpg

That was mine...

Well I've just spotted an EP3 with some mods for £3300 so I will probably be buying that on Sunday.

Does the Scooby have around £1500 worth of mods and a potential sale price of around £4000 post strip and clean etc? Thought not! :lol:

Indeed Stu. Should the ATR go tomorrow (I hope it does, no reason why not, I've been completely honest about it) then I will go and get the EP3. There'll be a for sale thread shortly after if it all goes as planned. :)

Sounds like a bargain, what's wrong with it?

EML is on due to there being a race manifold on it (fault code confirms this according to the seller), but since it's got a KPro on it I'll take my Lappy with me and double check the seller isn't lying. Also there's no history apart from 2 services early in it's life but that's something I'm overly worried about.

Oh right, I thought most people get an O2 sensor when they fit a race mani?
What's the mileage like? Also would you keep it or sell it on straight away for a bit of profit?

Oh right, I thought most people get an O2 sensor when they fit a race mani?
What's the mileage like? Also would you keep it or sell it on straight away for a bit of profit?

93,000 miles. I'll probably strip it, sell it and buy a nice DC2. Then again, the EP3 isn't a bad car and will do my daily commute quite nice till when I'm posted in March. We'll see if I get the car first but the plan at the minute is to strip it and buy a nice HDTV with the profit and put some aside for a nice DC2.

the H22 is a fantastic engine if its been looked after correctly!

however, if its been ill treated it can be a proper headache

i'll always miss how violently fast my old H22 Civic was :D (see my avatar lol)

Back