• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How-to Fit a HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit to an FN2

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
I know the kit comes with instructions, but sometimes pictures help people to visualise how to do it, so here is a basic guide.

I've not covered every last bit, because the instructions are quite good.

Right! Took me about an hour.

Unclip the plug from the airflow sensor, take top off air box with the three spring clips, remove panel filter.

I clamped this hose but to be honest hardly any coolant comes out anyway, and you have to completely remove the top coolant pipe:
Sdc11521.jpg

You can then remove the OEM intake pipe, disconnecting the breather hoses etc as you go.
Sdc11520.jpg

New water pipe from kit fitted in the middle of picture:
Sdc11522.jpg

Undo one bolt here that holds the bottom of the airbox in:
Sdc11523.jpg

You then just pull the bottom of the airbox off these spikes, the bottom of the airbox has rubber bungs that pop over these:
Sdc11524.jpg

Next undo this bolt to fit the bracket that holds the oem cold air feed pipe:
Sdc11525.jpg

Bracket fitted:
Sdc11527.jpg

Next put bottom section on without tightening the jubilee clips up, just put all the hoses on etc:
Sdc11528.jpg

You need to take this bolt out so you can later attach the bracket that holds the top of the intake pipe:
Sdc11529.jpg

Put it all together with all of the jubilee clips loose so you can line it all up. Take the airflow sensor off the old airbox and fit it to the intake pipe, connect up the plug. You then need really small hands and a small rachet to reach round the intake pipe and put the new supplied bolt in the hole you saw above to attach the bracket. Then you need to tighten up the bolt on the other side of the bracket, where it connects to the bracket on the intake pipe. Then tighten all of the jubilee clips up and it should look like this:

Sdc11530.jpg

You can just about see the bracket under the airflow sensor. Doing that bit, as it is by touch only and in such a small space, is the really fiddly bit.
Sdc11531.jpg

Oh and it sounds like this:

[video=youtube;4zNt0LpxHso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNt0LpxHso[/video]

[video=youtube;cSst4MFX4m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSst4MFX4m4[/video]

I've had a few requests through various mediums for scans of the HKS instructions.

The instructions don't seem to be copyrighted, so I hope HKS don't have a problem with me posting them up. Only trying to help people out who have bought kits that don't have instructions included. :smt023

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Not noticable like the AEM, something to do with the mushroom design of the intake. Of course sat in traffic does always have an effect as always, but nothing a direct cold air feed can't handle.

In short this kit is awsome! I highly recommend over the AEM IMO.

Not very. Just stops the pipe flapping about.

Any chance of contacting the seller, it's probably still on their car.

Ok thanks Loxy, just contacted him hopefully he'll be helpful! When I fitted my AEM you do the same thing just with a ty wrap! So that will probably do the job!

Just fitted this kit.
Idles perfect. No flat spots. Throttle responce much better and sounds awesome!!
Never disconnected battery. Someone says you have to do this to reset ecu. This true?

You should do yes. It clears any parameters the ECU stored when running on the previous setup.

It doesn't clear the radio stations and there isn't a code on the FN2 radio.

Only half an hour or so. It could clear it after 10 minutes, but I'd rather leave it a bit longer.

Hi I've just bought a RSK and will be using your guide to fit it. I was told by the previous owner that after fitting I need to top up the coolant as some will have been lost and run the engine for 15 mins without the rad cap on.

Does this sound right? I thought if you ran the engine without the rad cap then all the water will be pushed out?

It will, the system is pressurised when hot.

I clamped the hose on my guide. If you don't, you don't lose that much coolant to be honest.

Fit it, run the engine for 10 minutes and then check the expansion bottle (behind the radiator as you look into the engine bay from the front, same side as the intake). It will probably still be on max. If it's not, wait for it to cool down and top it up. Whatever you do, don't take the rad cap off while it's hot!

Back