• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How-to Fit a HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit to an FN2

It will, the system is pressurised when hot.

I clamped the hose on my guide. If you don't, you don't lose that much coolant to be honest.

Fit it, run the engine for 10 minutes and then check the expansion bottle (behind the radiator as you look into the engine bay from the front, same side as the intake). It will probably still be on max. If it's not, wait for it to cool down and top it up. Whatever you do, don't take the rad cap off while it's hot!

Cheers pal. I've always known not to take cap off when hot due to pressure that's why I didn't understand why he'd say to run it without. You've just save me emptying the system lol thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nice write up!
will this get me a little power gains or is it just for the sound?

i'm planning on doing this first and then after i'll get a full exhaust and flashpro with a remap...

You'll only see the major gains with a remap but the car will feel more responsive from day one.
It makes an awesome noise too.

thx for your reply!
would you happen to know a good place where i could purchase the HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit?

Hendy in the traders section had a deal on them. You could try there!

Next undo this bolt to fit the bracket that holds the oem cold air feed pipe:
Sdc11525.jpg

Morning guys,

I will introduce myself properly over in introductions thread but have a question I need some help.

Fitting a HKS induction kit yesterday to my type R FN2. Got everything removed and then I tried to remove the bolt shown in picture above to fit the right angled stay in place. The bolt was turning out fine to begin with and then totally locked up. I tried WD-40 and then heating it up, turning it back in but the bolt had totally seized. After fighting it for a while and not being able to get back in or out it snapped.

Now my question is what is... what is this guard/ brace that the two bolts in the picture are holding? I don't think I am going to be able to drill and use an easy out. So my idea was to drill the bolt completely out and fit a longer bolt with a nut on the other side I cant see any reason why not!? What do you think any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Rob

Your idea would work.

Never sussed what the bracket is for, maybe to stop the OEM airbox hitting the gearbox mount.

Thanks Loxy. Just needed a 2nd opinion not being 100% sure what that bracket was! Hopefully I have a bolt in the garage.

I will get drilling at 9 am seeing as its Sunday. Time for a bacon sandwich, and will have it all fitted by 10 am and be revving her up to wake up those still in bed.

Thanks again.

It went well thanks for asking Loxy!

I managed to drill snapped bolt out and fit a M10 bolt with a nut and it tightened up OK after cutting down a spanner to get onto it!

The rest of the induction install was easy. It sounds mint, absolutely roars and throttle response is noticeably better. She is a very happy Honda with new plugs, new oil and filter running sweet!

What next? :)

I did cat back, HKS, Flashpro then FRSU to start with on my first one. It's just a case of when do you stop!?

I did cat back, HKS, Flashpro then FRSU to start with on my first one. It's just a case of when do you stop!?

Which Cat back did you go for? I think Cat back will be the next upgrade I end up doing! First I want to do some body work detailing and maybe fit a satnav/ screen.

I had a Magnex catback, but it was the original design made before they went bust whereby the name then got bought by BlueFlame and then BlueFlame exhausts got rebranded as Magnex which were far inferior.

I've had the Tegiwa catback since which although single exit, sounded similar and gives similar gains.

I know the kit comes with instructions, but sometimes pictures help people to visualise how to do it, so here is a basic guide.

Loxy, thanks a lot for putting this up!

Compared to the vid by FNLew, he seemed to take the rest of the stock intake piping out and the resonator box - which seems like a right PITA. Is there any benefit over taking it out? I imagined that leaving it in would serve as a basic cold air supply to the HKS (as you have done)?

Some people take it out to fit basic ducting from the grill or a Driven Crazy Scoopin both of which help lower intake temps when moving. That's what I did on my silver FN2 eventually.

I've had the Tegiwa catback since which although single exit, sounded similar and gives similar gains.

This is what i'm looking at doing next, what did you think of it for motorway noise / drone? Could you hear much more noise over the HKS? The HKS has amazed me with how much of a difference it madein sound.

On that note, on another forum, someone stated that the RSK (or other foam filter kits) shouldn't be used for road use as foam filters aren't particularly good. He said they "don't filter the air that well" and "do you really want to allow fine grit into your engine". Not sure what to make of this, apparently on the HKS packaging/instructions it states it isnt for road use. What are peoples' thoughts on this - i'm sure there must be loads of people that have daily'd with the RSK for 000's of miles?!

This is what i'm looking at doing next, what did you think of it for motorway noise / drone? Could you hear much more noise over the HKS? The HKS has amazed me with how much of a difference it madein sound.
They balance each other out really well in my opinion. Just the right mix of both. Low down you hear more of the HKS, higher up in VTEC you hear more exhaust but obviously the HKS is mental in VTEC anyway, so they work well together.

On that note, on another forum, someone stated that the RSK (or other foam filter kits) shouldn't be used for road use as foam filters aren't particularly good. He said they "don't filter the air that well" and "do you really want to allow fine grit into your engine". Not sure what to make of this, apparently on the HKS packaging/instructions it states it isnt for road use. What are peoples' thoughts on this - i'm sure there must be loads of people that have daily'd with the RSK for 000's of miles?!

It is probably true to some extent, any filter that lets more air through is going to be less efficient at filtering that air. Don't forget there are two types of HKS filter, dry and wet types. I'm pretty sure the advice is it states is not to use the dry filter in dusty environments.

Personally I ran mine for about 30k over three years on my first FN2, no issues.

Back