• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Washer Jets Not Working with Bonnet Down

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Pull the stalk for the washer jets and nothing comes out, whilst doing this pull the bonnet release lever and if the water starts coming out, you have the same issue I have just had.

This picture shows you where the cables go. Just the one push clip at either side and the one in the middle and the scuttle comes off.

B__5101.jpg

Basically it was #25 that was fouling on mine. It somehow gets trapped between the windscreen scuttle and the bulkhead.

You need to tuck the tubing underneath the scuttle mounting holes on the bulkhead so it doesn't get trapped as you put the scuttle back on.

Problem solved.

I know this is an ancient thread but all the others seems to be for the EP3.

About to change both the washer nozzles on the FN2 and have seen video where the whole scuttle, wiper covers etc were taken off - looked like a 1.8 MK8 though.
Also they were just clip in jets - the FN2 one seems to have a small screw to hold it.

Is it really just the 3 clips parts 35/36 to remove to get that whole centre scuttle out after taking the rubber part 9 off?

Is it really just the 3 clips parts 35/36 to remove to get that whole centre scuttle out after taking the rubber part 9 off?

Yes and no. You need to unclip the washer jet pipe too on the driver's side.

Back