• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 vs FN2 vs DC5

Will be buying 1 of the 3 mid- January. with your help guys i will be making that decision within the next few weeks. I must admit before i start that im well swayed towards EP3, as i saw it, test drove it and fell in love within a weekend.

As im new and have only started today, alot of you have said hello and are really welcoming :lol:. i have a 10K budget and have had alot of replies like; with that budget go for DC5 or FN2. Why go for these over a EP3

Many thanks in advance

out of personal preference id go for the ep3 , the fn2 isnt my cup of tea , the integra is a sexual masterpiece but unless your going to track it you probably wont get your extra moneys worth out of it . but thats just my opinion .

(awaits opinion getting destroyed lol )

out of personal preference id go for the ep3 , the fn2 isnt my cup of tea , the integra is a sexual masterpiece but unless your going to track it you probably wont get your extra moneys worth out of it . but thats just my opinion .

(awaits opinion getting destroyed lol )

:lol:

The DC5 is a good road going car as well as a track car :D

If you are considering an EP3 with a £10k budget then this one would be worth a look at (of course the price is open to negotiation) but a JDM EP3 is a very nice car to own.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2340024.htm

Here is my JDM EP3, I do miss the car and consider it to be just as capable as the DC5.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?58515-My-JDM-EP3

Another option for an EP3 would be to get an Anniversary edition, which is also a little different from the every day EP3.

Here is one I owned.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...R-number-7-NHB-30th-AE-*Updated-mod-list-Pg-1

I can not comment on ownership of the FN2 but having driven one it was not for me.

One thing to remember with imports (JDM EP3 or DC5) is that it is an insurance group 20 which could be costly depending on your age, NCB etc.

For me it would be a JDM EP3 or DC5, both good but the DC5 has the hydraulic steering which gives it the edge.

DC5 > EP3 > FN2 is the general concensus I would say.
It's all down to personal preference mate, if you want to own either of them then take a test drive don't go by what people say.

HypeRicer went from a FN2 to an EP3.
Loxy went from an EP3 to FN2.
Dotty........well I forget his list but he now currently rolls in a DC5.

So like I said, drive all three and make your mind up.
I have an EP3, want a DC5 but also wouldn't mind a Mugen look FN2 :lol:

DC5 > EP3 > FN2 is the general concensus I would say.
It's all down to personal preference mate, if you want to own either of them then take a test drive don't go by what people say.

HypeRicer went from a FN2 to an EP3.
Loxy went from an EP3 to FN2.
Dotty........well I forget his list but he now currently rolls in a DC5.

So like I said, drive all three and make your mind up.
I have an EP3, want a DC5 but also wouldn't mind a Mugen look FN2 :lol:

Cheers mate good comment

Cheers mate good comment

Not a problem dude.
Also you can get a decent EP3 for half your budget too, and then make that something special with the extra cash. Or as Dotty said get a JDM EP3 which would be a better match to the DC5 if you are comparing.

I've never driven a DC5 but if I was spending £10 and was prepared to own an older car I would get the DC5 due to the spec, extra bhp and steering feel it brings as standard over the EP3. I say older because for £10k you won't be getting a '56 '07 like you would with an EP3 or FN2.

I personally prefer the FN2 to the EP3. I've had both and currently have a FN2. The EP3 is fine if you are doing shortish journeys, and country roads, but for long motorway journeys and the FN2 is infinitely better.

Both are equally as capable. 0-60 times are subjective and dependent on the driver, so any traffic light grand-prix will be decided on driver still and reactions. I had the Fast Road Set-Up (FRSU) done pretty soon after getting the car and this put the handling of the FN2 on a par with the EP3 in my eyes.

To be honest, you need to drive all three and see what you prefer, because we don't know what you are wanting out of the car, and you will know instantly which is the best one for you. Try to drive all three on the same day then it is all fresh in your mind.

As has been said above JDM EP3 is also one to consider.

Not a problem dude.
Also you can get a decent EP3 for half your budget too, and then make that something special with the extra cash. Or as Dotty said get a JDM EP3 which would be a better match to the DC5 if you are comparing.

i wasnt trying to compare them, it was just suggested that i buy a DC5 over EP3 but i was thinking along your lines of spending 5-7K on the car itself and maybe going for coilovers, buddy club exhaust and supercharger (if i still have like 4K at the end) but i have so many things i want to do to it before even buying it.

Have a watch :)

[video=youtube;AB5AqAY5EpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5AqAY5EpU[/video]

Have a watch :)

[video=youtube;AB5AqAY5EpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5AqAY5EpU[/video]

Awesome clip EP3 just looked like fun the whole way round, DC5 looked awesome aswell, same the cl7 accord wasnt up to the scratch

I do wonder if most people would actually notice the difference between a JDM EP3 and a UK EP3. In all honesty I bet the additional 15bhp and the LSD would be lost on most.

I bought a 30th anniversary four years ago and still think its brilliant. Would I sell it for a DC5.... No, because they are too similar and you have to pay £3-£4k more for a similar age and mileage Integra.

Right now I really don't think there are many cars that give as much value for money as the EP3 (as long as you buy a good one)

Back