• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Highest Mileage on an EP3

i'm hopefully selling my corsa this week if all goes well and will be looking to buy an EP3 soon, i don't have a great budget for one so i'd be looking to buy one upto or around £4500/£5000, i know this wont get me a great one but its still a Type R :D, what i was wondering was if the car has full service history and has recently been MOT'd, what is the highest mileage that you would buy on an EP3? any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Obviously the lower milage is nice to have but I wouldn't worry about it too much as the VTEC engine is pretty much bomb proof :)
Don't quote me on this but I heard something along the lines of over 1million VTEC engines made and not one single fatality, or something like that... :)

I sold my 53 reg pre facelift a year go, iirc around 60-70k miles for £5100, so would imagine you could pick something up in this time of year for your budget.

Obviously the lower milage is nice to have but I wouldn't worry about it too much as the VTEC engine is pretty much bomb proof :)
Don't quote me on this but I heard something along the lines of over 1million VTEC engines made and not one single fatality, or something like that... :)

Of the vtec system. Quoted by Jeremy clarkson in one of his DVDs iirc. This is of the vtec system operation, not the engine or vtec system life. depending on how the engine is maintained consequences the life of mechanical parts.

A friend and I test drove a EP3 on 117k and it was just as tight as my 72k in the engine department, the stiffness and feel of the suspension felt a bit more sloppy than mine and pulled a bit to the right.

Is that after the rebuild?

The new bottom end went on at 80k. The head is my original. And yes. I guess there us not a lot of the original car left. Oh the gearbox and clutch are original.

Highest mileage on a ctr??

Hi guys, just wanted to ask whats the highest mileage you have ever seen or heard of on a ctr? only reason i ask is that i have an 02 with 94k on it now, and although its been thoroughly looked after im always worrying about how much life is left it the old girl?

Engines go on forever as long as you keep an eye on the oil level.
Only thing with higher mileage cars are the suspension bushes etc and other general wear and tear items may need replacing sooner rather than later.

Back