• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Highest Mileage on an EP3

Still not seen a higher one than my 220k 2002 CTR.
Just posted on that other link, see what comes back, lol

Bloody hell! Is she still going? Did you have any problems in that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

220k! awesome... was that all original? Mine has done 150k and is still going very well with no knocking/tapping. It did 208bhp on the rollers last year at 140k...

If your engine did 220k from the factory, it will definitely help make my mind up about keeping mine...

I've seen several 250k+ ones and still going strong.
If you dont wreck it and keep maintenance up they can last.

My ep3 is on 116k and it drives and feels better than most cars iv driven with half the milage! One owner from new, full Honda dealer history not a single knock, rattle or squeak from the interior, running gear or engine. Iv either got a good one or these were built to last.

Same here butcher mines done 119000, full honda service and 1 owner from new. I've just had the clutch replaced and looking at the receipts it's never been done so might have been the original clutch. Drives absolutely beautiful.

I've not got any proof of a clutch change but bite point is low and it bites hard under heavy acceleration so hopefully it may of been done. Out of interest how much was the clutch change all in?

Hi butcher, my clutch was biting low and was fine in normal driving but struggled to engage in vtec. So I sourced a genuine honda clutch for £160 delivered then my mate charged £250 to fit it.

Right. So it started to slip when it hit vtec? Just wondering so I know what to look out for.

There is no slipping when the clutch starts going apparently they just struggle to get into gear when in the top end of the vtec. That's what I read. It seems most people have experienced the same symptoms as I did. Yours still sounds spot on as long as your gears are engaging nice should be fine.

Dan.

Ah right, yeah it engages silky smooth even near the limiter, best gear shift in any car I've owned. Cheers for the info, vary rarely give it much stick in vtec to be honest but have the odd spirited blast :)

No problem mate. I certainly agree the gearbox is fantastic and the same for the engine. It's a great package for the money.

Just sold mine not to long ago, had 142,000 miles on the clock.

I did replace the dampers and it'd had a new clutch at around 130,000 miles. Like Duff79 said, the clutch doesn't slip it just becomes harder to change gear. I was suspect it was on it's way but the missus confirmed it for me when she drove the car and asked why it was so hard to change gear.

As for the engine, on it's last service I had the chain and tensioners checked. There was nothing wrong and no sign of play. It's not the engine that tends to go at that mileage, it'll be the bushes that would start to need replacing.

As long as the car has full service history I would happily buy a honda with over 100,000 as long as the price was right.

Back