• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spark plug anti fouler or o2 simulator

I have brought a dc sports mainfold just wondering whats going be better the anti fouler trick or buying an o2 simualtor to turn the eml off

Ill be getting a kpro but not for a few months

I have brought a dc sports mainfold just wondering whats going be better the anti fouler trick or buying an o2 simualtor to turn the eml off

Ill be getting a kpro but not for a few months

Just fitted a dc sports yesterday and used the sparkplug non fouler trick for the secondary O2 sensor. No CEL so far, after 150Miles of driving.
Just in case, I do have an OBD2 scantool to delete CEL's when they should pop up.

I'll let you know if I have a CEL...

And for your information, the car really DOES benefit from a header even without mapping, and no not imaginary :)

and go for L shape, I had to cut the heat shield to make it fit
http://www.robearracing.com/pd-megan-racing-angled-02-simulator-cel-fix.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply guys but i really need one for Thursday as that's when I'm fitting the manifold
I can't find any anti foulers most seem to be
In USA looks like I'll have to buy a simulator

Thanks for the reply guys but i really need one for Thursday as that's when I'm fitting the manifold
I can't find any anti foulers most seem to be
In USA looks like I'll have to buy a simulator

found one on ebay UK a while ago, can't remember though what store (sorry :( )
You still could order one from the US, run few days with cel light on and fit it later, really, you'd need L-shape or cut the heatshield to make straight-shape fit (like I did)

i brought the o2 sim havent had the light on yet

So I assume the dc sports header has been placed?
Feel any difference in power? Mine does, combined with Fujitsubo RM01A and screams like a race engine in VTEC!! :evil:
I guess anything near 5BHP increase. Can't really say...

Car vibrates alot more because the energy engine mount inserts, but shifting goes ALOT smoother, I was surprised how much difference they make.
Also, wheelhop on wet road is almost eliminated completely!!

I'd suggest the energy inserts even for stock EP3's... unless the vibes make you go insane :)

Yeah it's been fitted does make a difference for sure can't tell how much makes an awesome noise as well :)

Didn't fit the mounts yet i will do them today but i have a prob with the exhaust banging about now it's on there

Back