• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got my insurance renewal....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Paid £650 last year with Chris Knott and my renewal has come through at £782 which is better than I was expecting and a lot better than other quotes I've been getting..... Now just need to try and get it down lower.....

That's grim.

Mine is due in September and (fingers crossed/touch wood etc) I'll have 3 years NCB then, so it I'm hoping (again fingers crossed/touch wood etc) to see a drop.

Greenlight were supposed to be doing some good prices not that long ago, but Chris Knott have been good very recently according to some.

I'm with Flux paying around £900 with 1x SP30 plus business and mods.

Mine's due in 10 days, nice of Sky to have sent me my renewal 20 days ago. Oh no wait, they didn't...

Anyway, Admiral are looking the best bet for me. It's either them or save £100 and go with 1st Central, but the Admiral excess is only £100 and I've never heard of 1st Central..

I'm with admiral now. Quote through confused.com with them: £1200. Quote through the tesco insurance comparison site: £780.

Exact same details, ultimately with the same company - how does that work?!

Mines due in may and at the moment admiral are the cheapest for quotes

Sky will be losing me as I need to get my girlfriend on the policy and sky won't insure her

Mine's due this month. £579 FC 4NCB with Elephant. Admirals renewal was £707 so I will just phone them and get them to reduce.

I am 23 and have a tidy postcode. This time last year I was hoping for £400-450. As that's what additional savings I made.

Admiral are good but a point to remember is that i think they will replace any mods with OEM parts.

admiral/elephant all EUI ltd are cheap as chips for men. been with them for years. they are great but when you crash they don't pay out. so as long as you don't crash it is ok.

Mine's due this month. £579 FC 4NCB with Elephant. Admirals renewal was £707 so I will just phone them and get them to reduce.

I am 23 and have a tidy postcode. This time last year I was hoping for £400-450. As that's what additional savings I made.

:O I have 4 years NCB, 24 years old, 10k miles a year and I live in a good area (not according to the insurance company though) and I'm getting quotes around £1600. So count yourself lucky!

My mum, and Mrs' Mum are on the policy as additional drivers, that took off £300. I don't do that many miles now with lift sharing so that presumably helped too.

Value of car has also decreased.

My mum, and Mrs' Mum are on the policy as additional drivers, that took off £300. I don't do that many miles now with lift sharing so that presumably helped too.

Value of car has also decreased.

yep, doing the above on admiral takes off 20% for me.

Just done my renewal on the DC5 with Sky which was £420 Fully Comp with business insurance, mods, two additional drivers (SPACEMONKEY free to keep you on bud) and £250 excess! Got to love a Scottish postcode!!! :p Old postcode would have added £150+

It initially come in at £440 with £350 excess and I queried why it had gone up from £250 last year! Guy changed it down and after a little flirty squeeze he knocked another £20 off renewal! :asw:

But at that price... you know you are getting OLD :(

APlan could not come close!

Sorry but where's my post from this thread gone to?

Anyhoo, Admiral where the best for me when my renewal was due on Monday £50 less than last years, which was nice :D

have Elephant and admiral changed their policy of insuring more than 5 mod's now? cause i swear some of you have more than 5 mods done to your cars:smt047

Any luck getting the premium down Neily? I'm dreading my renewal in April!

its just tick boxes beard. in the real world it won't matter. they haven't even considered the fact a car can have more than one cat. they are just using the generic parts mod form from some central govt database risk field thing.

if you tried to explain to doris in wales or sanjay in india that your cat had more than one decat they wouldn't know what part of the car it goes, and then head scratching would occur when their system didn't have a tickbox for multiple cats. does not compute.

I told them about all my mods and they didn't say anything. Not sure I have more than 5 though... Does a decat count as a single mod no matter how many cats are removed?

i've been on their website and Race header/decat, bpipe and backbox change is 1 mod on the exhaust system (only 1 box to tick)

only 1 box for engine mod :lol: its great how many mods you can group into 1 tick box

Back