• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got my insurance renewal....

Paid £650 last year with Chris Knott and my renewal has come through at £782 which is better than I was expecting and a lot better than other quotes I've been getting..... Now just need to try and get it down lower.....

Can't get a cheaper quote anywhere.... :( Most are £900+

Do Admiral cover 3rd party on other vehicles with owners permission?

Ive just renewed mine today with Sky for £680. That was the cheapest i could get anywhere and the guy on the phone was helpful. Also try Greenlight and Flux they were quite competative.

Ive just renewed mine today with Sky for £680. That was the cheapest i could get anywhere and the guy on the phone was helpful. Also try Greenlight and Flux they were quite competative.

Greenlight won't cover me....(although they did on my new EP3 8 years ago?) :x Flux too dear, can't speak to anyone at Sky as they're all busy on other calls.... :x

;) im feeling completly bombed down by admiral though to be honest hopefully next year when i turn 25 i can go back with chris knott and get cheap insurance again

Mine's due this month. £579 FC 4NCB with Elephant. Admirals renewal was £707 so I will just phone them and get them to reduce.

I am 23 and have a tidy postcode. This time last year I was hoping for £400-450. As that's what additional savings I made.
That's a very good price!
Cosidering you are in the midlands too... ;)

;) im feeling completly bombed down by admiral though to be honest hopefully next year when i turn 25 i can go back with chris knott and get cheap insurance again

No chance, they won't even cover you until you're 30 these days...

Looks like I'm having to go with Admiral. Only 1st choice come close and Admiral are more well known. Plus they do that 10 month no claims accelerator as I lost my NCB. :(

Just renewed with Admiral. £1055 with ECU, induction & exhaust declared. I'm 22 with 3 points

I went with Elephant in the end as they gave me a better deal overall than admiral. I thought they're the same companies? :lol:

I got the hire car, legal cover and a lower excess for £3 more a year than Admiral.

In regaurds to insurance i've also found that Tesco compare is damm good for insurance. I had previously been quoted over £1300 from 'leading' insurance companies. Tesco was less then £600.

7 years no claims - had the car 6 years now

onlines price's £980 to £1100?!?!

ended up trying sky but went with noel dazley for £702 - £250 ex - £80 windscreen.

seems like insureance has gone up :/

Got mine for £600 in the end with admiral. 23yo 4yncb postcode FTW.

Adding the old woman and the mrs' mum dropped it £230 :shock:

Just renewed with Admiral. £1055 with ECU, induction & exhaust declared. I'm 22 with 3 points

i dont get how you get it that cheap with them, im older , no points more ncb lower risk postcode , must be my job

hi there i dont own a dc5 yet as i cant find insurance as most places wont insure a 19 year old male no claimes no points ect ect my licence totaly clean but if there is any one out there in the same shoes i would realy appreciate the help many thanks to all

hi there i dont own a dc5 yet as i cant find insurance as most places wont insure a 19 year old male no claimes no points ect ect my licence totaly clean but if there is any one out there in the same shoes i would realy appreciate the help many thanks to all

You will find it very very hard to find insurance. If you do it'll be in the region of 40-50% of the price of the car. Imports are group 20 iirc.

Welcome by the way.

Well, I got my renewal through from Admiral on Thursday. £731.14 - That's at 24 with 3 years no claims and my mum on the policy (brought it down by over £200 alone!)

Did some price comparison websites, got it down to 591.16 through Elephant, and that's with my ITG Maxogen added!
Especially considering Elephant are one of Admiral's partners, i couldn't believe how much cheaper they were..

Rang up Admiral and seeing as they are the same group, he matched the price straight away.

Anyway, it just proves, NEVER just accept your renewal quote, always shop about for a better price.
Also, I got a £80 difference from the same Insurance company between different Price Comparison Sites, so be sure to try them all..

Cheers :)

Back