• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Certainly is to me. Normally, I'd dismiss the idea TBH, all my other Honda's (barring imports) have been about the same, the extra cost of fuel just about gave you enough miles extra to pay for it, so in fact, it's like running super for the same price, in the long run :)
But with my EP3 at least, it's more than a noticeable difference, 50 miles is like another gallon and a half fuel for the extra £4 or so it costs on super!

Has to be said though, I use TESCO fuel, 99 RON, which can be shunned in some minds, but I've always liked the idea of 99 RON fuel at a MUCH cheaper price than fuel companies charge for their own premium stuff.

Sweet, cheers :)

It appears it is actually cost effective then to use 99ron rather than 95ron, is this the general consensus by everyone?

It did for me but I wouldn't say so recently now that V-Power is nearly £1.40 a litre. I'm back on regular Shell fuel

I just run on 95 Ron. Did not gain anything in any way on v power. I live up in the sticks and I like vtec so I get 200 per tank and sometimes just 160. But on steady runs to Carlisle and back which is 40 mile trip I can get up to 300 miles per tank.

most ive had out of a tank to red was something like 330 ish and that was just a experiment on the motorway, with normal driving , and enjoying the ep3 youll be lucky to get over 260 from full to red light . its a car to be enjoyed not a economy car , i wouldnt recoment buying one for economy , unless your a footballer and your day to day car is a hummer or a bugatti then yea its a hell of alot more economical than one of those

Last edited by a moderator:
I average about 300miles with light mods. Driving sensibly in the summer, I can get up to about 350miles/tank.

400 per tank!?
On a motorway journey I get 315miles per tank on Super Unleaded, however on my 24mile round trip to work I get between 290-300 miles, thats all B roads, no traffic lights and no town driving.

Also I did try with normal unleaded got 300 on the same full motorway journey! 15 miles less!
So for anyone still using Unleaded- Stop being cheep you save money in the long run, and Super is better for your car!:D

With my new commute I'm struggling to get above 220. Used to get around 300 with an A road/motorway commute though.

I never drive past a petrol station if the red light is on, think I did 5 miles after it came on once, usually fill up at the quarter mark to avoid the crap at the bottom of the tank

20 miles and that was motorway, never again :lol:

As a rule I give myself 10miles. I very rarely get over 240miles out of a tank, I'm not a Hamilton wannabe on public roads either.

yer I suppose mine is standard though im properly looking at about 250 in a few month after ive frittered all the spare cash ive been saving on mods!

Thanks, just wondered in case I get caught short somewhere :)

I usually put £25 in a week and it does me more or less 120 miles exactly which is commuting to and from work averaging 60mph.

hope this helps

That sounds about right. I put in £30 a week and get about 120 miles but that is mainly 30mph with plenty of traffic lights and stop start

I get about 240miles to a full tank. That includes town driving and a quick vtec blast a few times a week

mine comes on with about 10 litres remaining, the times i've topped up just as its come on i've always put about 40 litres in

LOL Red light means another gallon left doesn't it? Easily 30 miles

Yep, but it can come on early if you park on a slope so possibly more. I once drove for about 25miles after the red light came on then I chickened out! lol

Also just for the record, I noticed that in the EP3 you can put in an extra 2L of petrol after it clicks... can't seem to do that in our Jazz..

Back