• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

im on a good roll at the moment , await pictures!!! just got to drive back from milton keynes , hit 200miles with just under half a tank left yesterday . have been driving super grandad style, no more than 2 and a half thousand rpm , sticking to 70 mph might help that shes just had a recent service too, but christ shes seeming to be really economical for me at the moment when i need her to be. cant wait until the end f the month i hate being skint

I gave up on those eco runs, I take the bike now to my work, saves a load of £££/month and so I don't really bother shifting under 4000rpm anymore when I take her for a spin. If you want an eco car, you've got the wrong car in the first place.

I gave up on those eco runs, I take the bike now to my work, saves a load of £££/month and so I don't really bother shifting under 4000rpm anymore when I take her for a spin. If you want an eco car, you've got the wrong car in the first place.
oh i agree totally , i was just experimenting as i have recently acquired a new lass who happens to live 100 miles down the road and i never took that into account when getting the ep3 but just for show when she wants to be economical she can be:) and the red light still isnt on :) well happy !!!
012.jpg

just wanted to add , i said to someone there was no chance a ep3 could do this . statement fully retracted

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I thought I was about to run out of fuel so decided to try the fuel light game. I caved and filled up, 48 litres to be precises. I managed 370 miles though and 250 of those were motorway miles.

Why don't you buy a German diesel? a VW, Audi or BMW ? You'll be running 3x as much for the same amount of fuel :)

You know, vtec isn't obligatory to use ;)

Why would I want to bore myself with a diesel? I'll get one of them when I mature some :)

I can get from Bury to Aberdeen (345 miles) off a full tank on fuel saver but its very close if i make it :)

How long does a full tank of petrol last YOU?

Right so basically i commute 18 miles to work & back everyday.

Obviously sometimes the joys of vtec overcome me etc, i'd say apart from commuting to work and back I do a bit of driving on the weekends and see the girlfriend on a couple of week nights... I'd say a full tank will last me around 12 days??

£67 last time i filled up... thats quite a bit on petrol a month ;(

I know everyones different but im just interested to know how much roughly every one else uses?

I use around a full tank a week. This is commuting to work which is a 30 mile round trip everyday and some weekend pootling and the occasional v-tec blast on the slip road to and from work. I'm averaging 300 miles between fill ups atm, partly because I'm being a bit more daring and playing petrol station roulette :lol:

Just this evening my clock was reading 298 miles and when I filled up it cost me £59 which was 41 litres.

Full tank is usually around 3 or 4 days as I use the car for business mileage as well.

yeah sounds around the same as me(ish)!

I remember when i first passed my driving test it was 74p a litre... I WISH i had a type-r back then, id drive around in vtec!

Back