• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double Din picture installs and fitting stories

Heres mine, Pioneer AVH 3300BT
IMG_1130.jpg

Have they been easy to fit or a bit of a ball ache?? Mine was a bit of a ball ache
and still is n't right as had to modify the angle to line up right with the adapter. The adapter
also need a lot of plastic cut off to fit, might look into getting another one!
Does n't look to bad in the picture though

I've received the same head unit today!
Have you got any pictures of how you got it in? Also where did you put the mic? I stuck mine at the top of the a pillar.
Did you get it from car audio center? As my facia adapter doesn't look like it fits either =/

Stuck the mic on the A pillar and works fine. Fitting it was a bit of a problem as the cage is to big and the units holes don't line up with holes behind the dash, so had
to file bits out. Its still not right but is looking better. The facia was from ebay and that did n't fit at all, needed loads of filing down, not got any pictures though. Let
me know how you get on mate

I got it in, but in the excitement I forgot to plug in the radio lol.
I'm not too bothered as I'll have to pull the thing out again when my carbon film turns up, plus I'll need to get a facia that fits. Mine keeps popping out at the bottom =/
I'll let you know if I find one that fits =]

Hi Trev.

I recently purchased the AVH3300 like your self. Amazing! However, This long green brake wire is giving me grief. I've installed the unit correctly, but i cannot get photo's from my USB stick to the unit so that i can have a custom background. I've searched the web, forums... you name it, i've done it. People are saying it just needs earthing as opposed to actually attaching it to the handbrake!? I was just wondering what you did with yours? Also... I had a right ball-ache getting my fascia and the unit into the console! LOL!
Any help will be VERY MUCH appreciated!!
Andy.

P.S. I've emailed you and PM'd you as i didn't know the best way to contact you. Also, if i post here, someone else might see and be able to help!

Andy,

I've got the same unit, all i did was clap (using the plastic clippy thing on the green wire) to either the black wire (ground) on the Pioneer harness or on the ISO harness from the car to the Pioneer Harness.
Although that shouldn't stop you uploading a picture to use as a background. It just allows movies to be played whilst on the move.

I've received the same head unit today!
Have you got any pictures of how you got it in? Also where did you put the mic? I stuck mine at the top of the a pillar.
Did you get it from car audio center? As my facia adapter doesn't look like it fits either =/

Hello Guys,
Picked up my CTR EP3 '05 on Monday and absolutely love it. Great car, shame I haven't had the space to vtec it on my way to work!
I've also ordered a 3200BT to fit on the weekend, the standard stereo was a little lacklustre. I was wondering if anyone can assist in guiding me on the best routing for the microphone cable. I'm happy mounting it on the A pillar but how do you remove the fittings to conceal the cable if that is what you are doing?
CSB

The A pillar trim just pulls off. At the side of the dash, theres a insert that just prises off aswell and you route the cables through there

The A pillar trim just pulls off. At the side of the dash, theres a insert that just prises off aswell and you route the cables through there

Thank you, is the A pillar trim just popped on or are there clips, don't want to break it getting it off, also can you elaborate on the insert on the side of the dash? I think this info might be beneficial for others too. I'll try and document my install.

EDIT:
This seems to show the cable routing you suggested.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/articles.php?articleID=howto_hardwireroadangel

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine fitted now, fascia is pretty pants and I didn't get it to fit exactly as I wanted. Placed the microphone at the top of the A pillar as suggested.

Don't know if this is related to the handbrake wire as I have no warnings. DVD and DivX used to work fine but now I only get audio. Currently the handbrake cable is grounded. Anyone else have this issue with the Pioneer 3200/3300?

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but going to attempt to install a new HU in mine soon, and the pics are no longer available.

Don't want to damage the A pillar trim so does it just pop off, or clips i should be aware of? Also any pictures of how to route through dash mucho appreciated? :)

When i remove the A pillar i always start from the top and pull outwards and then slide towards you, it is held on with 2 clips and you shouldnt break anything.

To route the cable it will need to go underneith your steering wheel then up in the corner where you removed the A pillar

Back