• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

insurance ??

In august I am getting a new car and have been looking at type R FN2s and after a trip to the dealership yesterday have almost fallen in love with them I'm just wondering what people experiences with insurance have been like I will be 21 by them time I come to buy it but unfortunately have 0 no claims :(

That's a ridiculous amount of money for a years insurance. A good FN2 can be picked up for 9K and you're willing to pay over half that for a years cover, is it worth it?

Well I have been a bit of a tw*t in tha past with my cars and have learnt the lesson the hard way so I am expecting to pay over the odds on any car really :(.

I pay £1200 fully comp on an EP3 at 23 with 5 years NCB, thats in a good postcode and I am female. I paid £900 last year!

Think you need to be a little bit more realistic.

x

Buy a banger and run it for a couple of years, get some no claims. You're under 21 who cares if you're driving a shed around. That amount of cash is silly.

Buy a banger and run it for a couple of years, get some no claims. You're under 21 who cares if you're driving a shed around. That amount of cash is silly.

Skelly speaks the truth. Why buy a nice motor for the insurance company to take your cash for no real reason other than you being under 21? get a shed, drive it/leave it in your garage and build up some no claims. You would be surprised how much you get off with 1 year NCB.

Try Admiral. they do a 10month insurance program that gives you 1 years, so your building up quicker. That's how I started, and it was a god send TBH

I do have the money to do it but like you guys are sayin its not really justifiable I think I need to weight up some other options and see what I get quoted on different cars I have thought about the cheap run around option and I do a lot of milage and don't want to be repairing all the time but I guess there are cheaper options :/.

I do have the money to do it but like you guys are sayin its not really justifiable I think I need to weight up some other options and see what I get quoted on different cars I have thought about the cheap run around option and I do a lot of milage and don't want to be repairing all the time but I guess there are cheaper options :/.

Lupo! Thats what i have at the moment.

^ this.

Best decision I made. I'm now 26 4 years no claims and a clean license and still get renewals for £900 (£1100 if protection NCB).

In august I am getting a new car and have been looking at type R FN2s and after a trip to the dealership yesterday have almost fallen in love with them I'm just wondering what people experiences with insurance have been like I will be 21 by them time I come to buy it but unfortunately have 0 no claims :(

You might be surprised. I didn't learn to drive until I was about 22.
Got a DC5 at 23 with 1 years no claims and it cost me just under 1500.

Best thing is to start phoning around and see what happens

I think I'll try that but I doubt it will come up good might just have to wait an extra year maybe itl be slightly more reasonable then I spose car insurance is crazy at the minute ***

it has certainly gone up in the last 18 months. a tip for a reasonably cheap to insure motor of a decent size is the 1.6 ford focus. you can pick up a very clean 2004 one with under 60,000 miles for £2750-3000 and it will run for a year no bother and cost a fraction to insure. they are a great car with a decent chasis and when you come to sell it will have depreciated bugger all.

Admiral or Bell will probably quote you, do an online quote to find out.

I was insured with them with zero no claims and 3 points for a SP30, but at the time I was 28 (3 years ago). That was around £1100 a year.

Back