• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre-facelift to Facelift Headlight Conversion

What worries me with buying a used set of Ebay is I could just end up with a pair of these pattern ones lol! Where did they need sealing in the end? Fresh set of headlights would look smart too & when I come to sell the car the lights would more than likely be removed/resold any way!

With the HID kit & the new headlights (have all the electrical stuff on shelf) I'm looking at roughly £160 delivered, Just miss the Xenon's from my old car :(

I just sealed round the light where they are sealed allready but i just sealed them better. they do make the car look alot better. if you look in forsale section i have a set of h1 hids forsale. i ended up selling my old lights got 50 pound for one and 35 for the other so not bad it.

I cant mind how much it all cost me in the end. as ive said in another post also if you need any indicator plugs give me a shout not looking for anything for them.

Just thought I would add this info up as some of you carrying out the conversion may find it helpful, Taken from my project thread -

So basically you will need to buy the Indicator bulb hold from Honda, But you can't buy the plug unless you want to purchase the entire engine bay loom.. So upon collection of the plugs I noticed what looked like a small line of copper running through the pins, So I prepared some cable & attempted to solder cable to the pins which worked perfectly!

A few pictures -

50_zps94381d5f.jpg

51_zps786486c9.jpg

52_zpsa3f1b39d.jpg

This will save you having to hunt around scrap yards looking for a plug!

I'm close to pulling out my hair, I just can't make any sense of the diagrams or anything. The lights are wired in, they all work, but when I 'flash' the lights, or just turn on the full beams, it takes a good 3 seconds for them to light up, and when it does the high beam takes a lot of power from the dipped beam lights.

Also the blue high beam light is displayed on the dash when the dipped beams are on, I know the whole thing is essentially tricking the car into thinking it has an extra bulb but I can't get my head around how I can fix it

Could anybody shed some light and help me sort this problem?

Ive got my lights just need to sort out the indercators holder's and side light holders has any one got any pictures they are useing would be helpfull cheers

Ive got my lights just need to sort out the indercators holder's and side light holders has any one got any pictures they are useing would be helpfull cheers
I have some spare indicator holders if you want them? there brandnew but if you put 90p in paypal I will post them first class for you I got 9sets for free sent me a box of 10 but I only orderd 1 set.

does anyone know why the full beam light indicated on the dash is on after you have turned the lights and the car off? It's no big deal you just have to turn the full beams on and off again, just a bit annoying!

Type r ep3

What did you do with regards to the wiring ?
i have changed the lights from pre facelift to facelift but I'm having issues with the bulbs, they need to be the size of h1 bulbs, but h1 bulbs won't go in the preface lift wiring as they are h4 (3pin connector)
Did you chop off the wires going into the h4 connector and wire h1 connectors or did you
manage to do something else?

Hi people, done this conversion at the weekend and just can not concore the wiring my problem is i cut both original connectors off and i've miss placed the orignal drivers side one.

Im in desperate hope one of you guys can pop out to your car and tell me what colour wire goes were on the drivers side. I currently have a 2002 Type R encase any off the looms are different.

Ive attached an edited photo of the original wiring diagram the OP put up and labelled them 1,2 & 3 im hoping someone can tell me what colors they have going to each pin on that connector.

The colours i have coming out the original loom are: Solid red, Red with a white strip and Red with a blue strip.

If i wanted to go the other way and go facelift to pre facelift as i liked this prefacelift with facelift bumper, if i buy lights with plugs do i just have to wire the headlights live from dipped beam harness, ground from dipped beam harness and ground from high beam harness?Does it matter which harness i take the live from and do i need to get rid of any wires or am i completely wrong? thanks.

preface.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back