• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre-facelift to Facelift Headlight Conversion

yea looks fine, mine fit rather snuggly, twisting it in took a small effort and once twisted in was sung so possibly tighten the 3 screws if you did think it was a little too loose. when are you doing the conversion and are you using a hid kit?? im still deciding on whether to upgrade to a hid kit :D

i dont know when i will be doing this, i wanna do it now but need to get all the bits and bobs together.

I will be getting hids but prob in winter, see what the light output is like, prob crap like prefacelift lights:D

i bought some full beam lights off ebay, and they are really impressive, proper white and is like a wall of white light, really good for like a fiver, but my dipped beam are poo, and they were meant to be bright white close to hid but there **** so might try hid

yeah its the dipped beam where the pre face lights struggle, full beam is great . hids it is then

this price for the bulb holders seems abit steep? did you paid £25?? from honda original parts with delivery it was £45

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, my H1 hid kit came yesterday and i managed to get the indicator connectors of a jazz at the local scrappy, so im all set to do the coversion one weekend before the dark nights creep up on me..............can't wait to see how the hids light up the road at night

nice :D, i installed HID's a few weeks ago, probably one of the best additions to my car :D
IMG_0193.jpg

its just the camera, they are slightly less blue in person.
IMG_0194.jpg

they're 10k and to be honest, i bought a HID kit to be different to the traditional white, and having a hint of blue has really given it a *new car* kind of look at night :D i love it !

Well finally did it today, but i forgot to get sidelight bulb holders, so they are held in with bluetack till i pick some up from honda on tuesday.
Quite pleased but the hids seem to be flickering abit, do they take a few mins to warm up? also my drivers side headlight keeps adjusting itself automatically( moving up and down)?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i wouldn't know about the self adjusting, have you used the right fuse and wiring as mine?? if i remember rightly, the adjusters were exact same looms and plugs so it was just simply unplug old and plug into the new, maybe check they are plugged in right? HID's will take around 10 seconds to fully warm up, they all do that whether you've bought a cheap set or expensive. Flickering would probably be caused from the build up of electricity, if it really bugs you, i would swap the ballasts over, so left headlight ballast move over to the right, etc. I know on mine, i have to turn my lights on before i turn my key otherwise just 1 HID will light up, and to get it back on i just have to turn my lights on and off a few times until it eventually comes on. Double check all of your wires and your fuse :D

Also forgot to mention, i didn't buy sidelight holders, i bodged it :D basically if yours are the same as mine, i have a black holder which has a small donut rubber ring around it. I found that if i got a flat blade screwdriver and pushed the o-ring inside the headlight it made it a nice snug fit :D

Ah right, better than my bluetack lol, got some sidelight holders on order anyway, the hids were fine this morning................they look so gooood.

you had an MOT with the hids in yet? mines next month, fingers crossed it passes

Yea mine was a few weeks ago, passed but they just needed aligning :D i was a bit worried to but they told me theyre fine as long as the positioning is correct

Back