• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre-facelift to Facelift Headlight Conversion

Hey, well mine was just a cheapie off ebay, i think i paid 15 quid for it :p What kind of flickering is it?? When you turn them on? first few minutes? describe it and have you tried swapping the ballasts over to the opposite sides? did it change anything? if its the same side flickering after you have swapped the ballasts, it sounds like there could be a problem with the wiring on that side. Possibly try different/thicker cable, make sure the wiring is as short as possible with as little excess and just make sure all of the connections are strong. It might be worth trying a different relay, tell me how it goes :D

ah right cheers fella, ive swapped the ballasts over and bought some new bulbs and still the drivers side flickers regardless of the the engine running or not.

hmm, sounds like there might be dodgy wiring somewhere?? i honestly don't know, i know when i did mine, i first wired up normal lights for around 3 weeks, and then i bought the HID kit, but that definitely sounds like some things wrong in the wiring. Like i said, first thing i would try is a different relay, new fuse, and go from there.

well i got it sorted, i dont think i had the bulb seated properly(i don't really know? ) tried 2 diffrent bulbs and they were worse so went back to the original bulb and it works spot on now though..........cheers for your help fella

Failed MOT today....................bulbs too blue :( , need to buy some h1 bulbs and bulb holders now FFS

:O thats a shock, mine were 10k and still passed :S my examiner just said that its not about the colour or brightness (obviously not too bright), but about the height properly adjusted to stop dazzling oncoming traffic :S can you not just ask them to adjust the height and turn a blind eye to the colour??

what a faf, passed today with standard bulbs in.................................................................HIDS are now back in :)

Did you had to modify the pre-facelift bumper to fit the facelift headlights? Or is it just 'plug & play' switching both headlights?

hi there im new to this site just reading your post and was wondering if thesehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HB3-9005-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a70086bfc are the right connectors :)
I think they are I went on amazon after I found the link I posted and got 2 but i payed double the price I think lol

I think s can also buy the h1 plugs aswell as I am sure all h1 plugs will fit no matter what car they're on but am puting xenons in so I wont need these h1 plugs anyone know? I know I'll still need the holders though.

Ive got angel eye things on mine but am taking them off puting the facelift ones on mine with xenon conversion its a dear job *** I didn't think you needed so much stuff and honda charge a fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you just buy a harness converter?
i guess you could, but at the time i thought this was the only way

howie1987
yea they look good to me, but trust me, you will find hb3 connectors in the scrappy, loads of cars use them especially bmw's

lucas1987
yea they are right, but again scrappy could be a cheaper option??

i guess you could, but at the time i thought this was the only way

howie1987
yea they look good to me, but trust me, you will find hb3 connectors in the scrappy, loads of cars use them especially bmw's

lucas1987
yea they are right, but again scrappy could be a cheaper option??
I wouldn't mind saving the money going to scrappies but where I am from there is only 1 about and there's never anything there so I didnt bother. cheers though

Back