• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

Guys, just had my tegiwa kit fitted to my type r. At low revs there is not much difference....and then you hit the higher end and it goes crazy. Even better once into the vtec.

If you haven't got one of these, I would recommend without doubt. Here's the reasons why.

1) I ordered mine at bout 2pm, and it arrived at 730 the next morning, packaged well so no chance of damage.

2) The kit looked pretty simple to fit though I didn't do it myself as I use the car everyday for work and got it fitted by garage while I was in work (yeah I'm that impatient I didn't wait for the weekend). Kit also doesn't come with any instructions at all but I think its pretty straight forward.

3) The sound when it hits the Vtec is fantastic, but then it is also quiet when cruising on the motorway.

4) Only downside is that the scoop doesn't sit as well as I would like on the scuttle panel, doesn't rattle but just doesn't sit flush. A job for the weekend (after Goodwood on sat)

Thanks to all the previous posts, great advice and info, nearly bought a BMC kit off a guy in work until I saw some of the posts.

Next mod - red callipers I think.

cool-story-bro-soup.png

Sounds awesome.

Nice dude :) thanks for letting us know ; i'm getting one myself too, so its good to get some re-assurance ha ha; how much did you pay?

Hertford btw, i live quite close ha ha

I ordered one yesterday so hopefully mine is here monday. Cant wait. Mine was 340. 10 for post and package and 25 for scuttle inserts

What didnt happen? Will upload a pic next week when its here and then one of it fitted

my car was bought with a k&n typhoon fitted and heard there cr*p so looking to change it for sumthin else :)

Get the tegiwa. Same as gruppe m as people say but obviously a rip of but hey ho life goes on i dont care ill admit i cant afford the gruppe m. Tegiwa is the way forward lol

Get the tegiwa. Same as gruppe m as people say but obviously a rip of but hey ho life goes on i dont care ill admit i cant afford the gruppe m. Tegiwa is the way forward lol

lol, you can't afford a groupe m? Gypo...

Nah just kidding, 95% of owners can't afford a groupe m, it's a stupendous amount of money to spend on somethng that does practically nothing. Save your cash and spend it on hookers ;) :lol:

Anyone that does own one will tell you its wort it, just to justify the cash spent :)

Gypo ha ha. Love it :p you got a gruppe? Would be nice. Maybe one day after i tried the tegiwa i will. Got my car dyno the other day and got 175.4bhp so will dyno after and see the gains

No I haven't got one, I have a typhoon. I can't justify the amount of money they cost for the gains received.

175bhp, are you due a service?

O right ok and yeh think so. Need some new spark plugs definately. 175 at the wheels. In the engine probably 195 say. Works something like that dont it?

Couldnt find one. Tewiga kit on now. Went on ok a bolt seemed to of rubbed against the air box body from the heatshield but bent that out the way. Anyone else have that problem? Also thought my fan was on but it wasnt. It was the air box like hissin away. That normal?

TBH, I don't think I could justify a Gruppe M at the current prices. I'd buy a second hand one though over a Tegiwa. Doesn't really matter as I already have one though :lol:.

Back