• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Info on buying a used honda s2k

I am looking at buying this s2k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../1/postcode/dd38jj/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

I have spoken to the owner and he says car is mechanically sound and the roof is good with no cracks or leaks. There is no service history with the car and the front half has been resprayed and is not a perfect match, as you will see if you look closely in some of the pics.

What you guys think??? what should I check if I go to view it? apart from when timing belt was replaced and when last service was carried out?

Hi and welcome to the forum btw! ;)

No service history? Half respray? Not a perfect match?

Avoid!!!!

They are cheap now (as per top gear last weekend), some decent models that havent been crashed for much cheapness for the bang v's buck!

Because it could still be a sound car to buy, no history doesnt mean it has not been well maintaned and a half respray does not mean it has been crashed.

Because it could still be a sound car to buy, no history doesnt mean it has not been well maintaned and a half respray does not mean it has been crashed.
It's your money mate, but I would not even think about it.

TBH, if it's too good to be true then it usually is.

It's your cash though, if your hell bound on this one fair enough, but I would avoid, save another couple of k and get something that doesn't have the niggles that this one has and will continue to niggle at the back of your mind after you've bought it.

*Edit*

Looking at the pics, the air box doesn't look right. I think the scoop is missing at the front. Could someone with S2K bay knowledge have a look..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice. Still going to see it just to see what I think. Save another couple of grand..... lol the money I have is burning a hole in my pocket :D

Yeah it's missing a bit at the front, also does the bonnet shut line look odd? Have you HPI'd it?

IMO thats way to cheap for a low millage JDM s2k. NO service history is a no no on a 12+ year old car and if the front end doesn't match up why would you want it. I payed just over £5k for mine and its mint mate, keep looking.

S2ks in this price bracket do tend to be Cat D i.e. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/pr18xj/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p

It might even be accident damaged and unrecorded, but he'd be a bit silly selling it at that price if it wasn't recorded and you won't know without looking either.

At it but far too cheap IMHO, even if you factor in another £500-800 to have the front end properly colour matched it's still too cheap.

Back