• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Hi all,

I bought this little black number in October last year,

148320_10150328369855335_555940334_15993030_3944049_n.jpg

I soon got the modding bug, so far the mods I've done are:

4 Paddle Sports Clutch
Lightened Flywheel
Japspeed 4-2-1 Exhaust Maniold
Tegiwa Intake Manifold
Tegiwa Cold Air Intake (Groupe M Copy)
Samco Intake pipe
D2 Big Brake Kit
Meister R Suspension Kit
Hondata ECU and Remap
Fast Road Set Up

For the ECU and Remap I took it to TDi North, I was expecting around 230Bhp, so I was very pleased when it came out I was running 243Bhp.

TomBedsonEP3.jpg

Since then Ive had it back into Honda for new Wheel bearings, Drop Links and Control Arms, and last week I was back at TDi for a Wavetech LSD, on the way home after the LSD was fitted I heard something Ping and then a huge knocking coming from the Engine bay, so the next day back to TDi I went and found my front Engine Mount Insert had split and my back Insert had disapeared completely, so after having new inserts put in my car is back to its best.

Ive done some cosmetic mods too:

Custom Painted Cam Cover by a member on another forum.
J's Racing Strut Brace
Powder Coated Red Wheels
Carbon Bonnet
Carbon Grill (Mugen Copy)

Heres how it looks now, (the first pic is before I got the Bonnet and Grill)

Aaaaaaaa.jpg

Bonnet.jpg

I am really happy with the Civic, its drives brilliantly and handles like a dream.

Mod's Im planning for the future:

Magnex Oval Back Box (In the Post...... Hopefully)
Mugen Rear Spoiler (Next Week....... Hopefully)
Rotex Top Mount Supercharger and Intercooler Kit (Booked in end of September)

Next year Im planning on stripping the seats and carpets out, and getting some Bucket seats and harnesses, ready for some Track Days and Santa Pod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent list of mods there bud, you'll love the Rotrex! :smt023

What are your opinions of the D2 brakes? Which version are they, 6 pot 304mm kit or the 8 pot 330mm or 354mm kit?

They are the 330mm 8 pots.

Ive got nothing but good things to say about them. The only problem I had with them was when I was fitting them. I asked when I bought them, would they definately fit under the 17" CTR Alloys and I was told they would.

They didn't. The Wheels went over the calipers but they caught on the inside of the Spokes, so I had to buy some 10mm Spacers and longer studs.

Im not 100% sure about the pads though, I will probably change them before I go on the Track, but for everyday road use they are spot on.

Ive heard loads of horror stories about D2 products, friends of friends having brake discs explode, or the caliper mounts snapping, but Ive never actually met anyone who has had a first hand problem.

Just a bit of an update. Fitted the Mugen Rear Spoiler, and it looks good. Bought the Magnex Oval Exhaust, turns out it wasn't Magnex (careful what you buy over fleabay).

Its in to TDi on Monday for the Supercharger...... properly excited about this.

Also Ive bought a Sump Baffle, which will be fitted at the same time as the Supercharger. So after next week, the mechanical side will be finished, until I see something else I want. Ive started looking at Racing Seats and Harness's ready for Spring. Been reading into the harness situation, and I think I'll be leaving the standard seatbelts in, Ive heard the Harness's get annoying after a few weeks.

Over Christmas Im planning on spraying a few parts through work to put my own unique stamp on it.

Rotex Top Mounted Supercharger and Intercooler. Its still in TDi, they have had a nightmare fitting it.

Was this at TDi North on Wednesday by any chance? Hehehe. Saw the to do list on the front seat. Gonna be a beast! has some rather large brakes as well, gonna need em i guess lol.

Was this at TDi North on Wednesday by any chance? Hehehe. Saw the to do list on the front seat. Gonna be a beast! has some rather large brakes as well, gonna need em i guess lol.

Yeah the one with the Red alloys, just need a pulley belt that fits, oil cooler remounting, and mapping and its finished for this year.

Right, the Supercharger is on and running, and its massively faster, proper **** off a stick tackle. Apparently according to Paul I need to get a better B Pipe as Im running standard, and that will make a huge difference as the standard Pipe is too restrictive. I am absolutely made up with what the lads at TDi have done, and I know its been a problem job with the different pulley belts, but its spot on.

There are still a couple of problems, firstly the bonnet wont close...... its closed for now, but if I open it, I wont be able to close it again. Its because the intercooler and radiator are pressing against the slam panel and the bonnet pressing on the charger and causing the bonnet to vibrate at tick over.

But its running and Im over the moon with it, Im back at TDi on Monday for the little problems to be sorted out, and it will be perfect. Finished.

Oh I forgot to take a picture while the bonnet was open, so I cant add one until Monday when I can open the Bonnet.

:)

Im amazed you fitted it with a OEM b-pipe. Are you using the OEM backbox as well? Gonna need another remap on the dyno won't it?

Love to see how quick it is. How close are ya to stafford lol?

Im amazed you fitted it with a OEM b-pipe. Are you using the OEM backbox as well? Gonna need another remap on the dyno won't it?

Love to see how quick it is. How close are ya to stafford lol?

Yeah, I had a 2.5" B Pipe and Magnex Back Box, but it was way too loud, I would have never got it on a track and on long motorway journeys it gave me really bad headaches. So I went back to standard besides the manifold. Nice and quiet. Going to look for a Spoon B-Pipe and keep the standard back box, and see what I get.

I dont think it will need remapping.

Well the bonnet is now fixed, I can open it and close it to my hearts content. So here is the first picture of the Charger.......

10102011152.jpg

I am still not 100% sure exactly what its running, I think its about 335bhp, but I can't be certain.

Big thanks to the lads at TDi for persevering with the Carbon Bonnet and belt issue's.

It has been absolute torture not being able to open the bonnet, I havent got a Print out of the map either yet, so its been a frustrating week lol.

Yep, Im made up with it. Looking forward to stripping the interior out and getting some buckets and a cage next year, ready for Santa Pod and some Track Days.

Bit of an update, popped into TDi today to ask a few questions about the black smoke coming from the exhaust and if they could make it run a little leaner on fuel. So they got it on the Rollers and had a play with the ECU, Paul dropped the fuel intake by 3% at the top end which has reduced the Smoke, and also it made 354.8 Bhp and 235.4 lbft, which I am properly made up with, its 20Bhp than it was making 3 weeks ago, although it was a bit colder today which has probably made a difference.

I would upload the Graph if I could work out how to change a PDF on this MacBook.

Ben and Neil also had a look at my Brake Pad's and they had just glassed over, and there is loads of pad left, so when I thought I needed new Pads, I didn't. So they have saved me a few quid by rubbing my existing Pads down to a rough surface, and they are back to as good as new.

Back