• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

That's an absolute beast! :twisted: an LSD would be a good idea for your next mod I think

Just been down to Demon Tweeks for these:

27102011180.jpg

Oil Temperature Gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge and a Volt Meter Gauge. Also ordered a Supercharger Boost Gauge after finding one I liked.

Well after 2 days of faffing I've got the top half of my centre console chrome covered ready for dying tomorrow, got the bottom half in the oven after having to redo it because I dropping it in the bin.

Anyway, here it is Chrome Covered, before I dye it.

27102011181.jpg

Was in work till 12:30 to get this finished, just so I could listen to some music on the drive home. Looks good, even if I do say so myself.

29102011185.jpg

Really tidy looking car.

Someone asked me when it went on, "Is that not revving up past 8, the run sounds really short?"

It all became clear when I said it was Rotrexed!

Proper sleeper power! :lol:

Well Ive had the Supercharger for 4 weeks now, and I thought I would share some thoughts and decisions I have come up with. The Car itself is running perfect (with exception to the wings of smoke when its in Vtec). I really couldn't be more pleased with it.

In dry weather its awesome, when you plant it from a standing start it grips and digs in and its away like a rocket, Vtec comes in at 4,000 rpm and with a little bit of throttle control the grip is held and its away, its the same in second and third, if your too heavy in Vtec it will just spin the wheels and make lots of noise and smoke the tyres.

When it rains its a totally different story, I have learnt not to even bother trying to get the power down until 4th gear, and even then traction is lost when you give it too much. Driving conservatively is the only way you can get anywhere in it when its wet.

Driving around town in either rain or shine is almost exactly the same as before the Charger went on, stop starting traffic and not getting into the Vtec range is no different to anything else, good fuel economy and nice and easy to drive.

Right then I was considering the possibility of having the internals uprated, as the engine is totally stock and try and push for 400Bhp, but after watching it wheelspin on the Rollers at TDi yesterday, I have decided that I am already running up to and beyond the limits of grip my Pirelli's will give. I have never had a car that I can throw around like the Civic, the FRSU gives so much confidence in the bends, but its pointless if the wheels are spinning. A lot of people say more is better, but have you ever had a cup of tea with 10 sugars. So I have decided to leave the engine now, I may get a better B-Pipe next year but besides that Im not going to touch it, 350Bhp is plenty.

I am going to put it on a crash diet though, the rear seats are coming out, with the carpets, spare wheel and any plastics behind the front seats. Im going to replace the front seats with some race seats, and get some harnesses. I think Im going to get myself a Roll Cage installed also, for track day use. To hide the fact that the back of the car will be empty Im going to get the windows tinted. I still love the fact that its a Sleeper, I have suprised a lot of people and I want to try and keep it this way, I know it has Red wheels and a Carbon Bonnet, but it still looks bog standard, unless you look closely at the small tell tale signs.

Considering that this car was bought as a stop gap for a few months while a few things where sorted out, I don't see myself ever selling it, it is too much fun to drive, and is the reason my other car has only done 2500 miles between MoT's.

Well a day in TDi again today for Gauge's fitted, really glad I didnt attempt to do them myself, as it looked like a ballache. Ive got to reserve special praise for Ben as I needed 6 holes drilling in the dash in exactly the right positions, and he got it spot on. If I had of done it they would have been all over the place.

Oil Pressure Gauge isn't working, I need a new sender unit, but hopefully a trip to Demon Tweeks tomorrow should sort it.

17112011006.jpg

17112011005.jpg

Im made up with them.

You are correct on the Relentless.

What you cant see is 5 Kitchen Cuboards 3 boxes of tiles and about 3 inches of dust on everything.

Its getting there, The Conservatry is finished, the kitchen is 90% finished, just the 5 Cupboards to go in, downstairs toilet and upstairs bathroom just need grouting and the flooring going in.

The Builders got held up because the drains needed replacing, and the upstairs bathroom in now 30cm bigger so we need another wall moving.

Fingers crossed it will be done for Christmas, then after Christmas the living room floor and ceiling is going to be levelled.

Worst part of it all, we haven't got the shower fitted yet, so we have to have baths, hate baths.

Back