• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

(Brackets in thread titles)

dessimpson

(Is it possible to ban brackets from thread titles?
Every time I get an email saying theres a new post, it takes you to the first page and not the most recent post.)

(It's a small thing but it's quite annoying :))

(Yes. If you look at my screengrab from my email. The link to the last read post is broken by the brackets.
When you click on it, it takes you to the first post. Not the first unread post.
I end up jumping to the last post and reading them backwards :()

brackets.jpg

(My advice would be to unsubscribe from emails but continue to subscribe to threads. Then when you log onto the forum, just navigate to quick links > subscribed threads and they will all be in there. No need to delete all of those pesky emails either.)

(Really? Why don't I just send a bunch of stamps and envelopes to the forum and ask them to post me individual thread updates by royal mail? As long as you number the envelopes I could then read all the updates in the correct order? Thus saving all the electricity my laptop is now using? ;))

I get fed up with the amount of emails I used to get. I did as per Kerman and browse each subscribed thread when I log in.

I love the fact you want them banned though :lol:

Down with the brackets!!!!

I turned off the e-mails and just read subscribed threads when I log on, I kept the emails on for PM's though for when I get a PM for being banned for annoying everyone with innane posting (such as this) :lol:

Back