• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting a new ecu - HELP

Hey guys,

OK. I've found someone with a hondata k100 for sale which i really want. however he will need my standard ecu in return.

We need to find somewhere that will code these ecu's into our cars (CTR ep3) Warrington area. Or any where between Rochdale and Liverpool

Ive tried calling a honda dealer in Warrington but they say they cant do it because the k100 is not an origional honda part. :( and ive spoke to Paul at TDI and he cant do both cars either which is what we need.

im sure that honda can do it though.

what do you guys reccomend ?

Thanks Milly

i thought Honda only need to recode the ecu with the immobiliser in the car and the K100 chip didn't affect the process.

I thought they can do it too, maby im just asking them the wrong thing ! What should i specificaly ask them to do ? i just dont wana loose out on this deal :D

OK so they will recode the immobilister to the new ecu ? as simple as that.

Oright will call them tomorow, there is a thread on here somewhere in the how to section about the same thing, turn ignition on, press lock, ignition off, repeat 3 times etc. Do you think this could work ? Or should i go for the safe bet and pay honda to do the job.

Also i have a tegiwa intake but the k100 is mapped to his aem cai, should this matter ?

I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Map will be fine for now, but best to get it mapped to your mods/engine in the long run.

Im getting Honda to recode it now for £52 each :D, Is there any way i can tell this ecu im buying is deffinatly a k100 and not a hondata reflash or something different ?

Im getting Honda to recode it now for £52 each :D, Is there any way i can tell this ecu im buying is deffinatly a k100 and not a hondata reflash or something different ?

Hi mate did Honda manage to get this done for you. I got a K100 in exchang of my oem ecu and got the car mapped, but now my immo light is flashing.

Bit of a thread bump, but yes, Honda will code the key to the new ECU for you.

Yes Honda can recode the immobilizer, but only if this is active in Hondata (ecu) software. If the green key is flashing then it means the imob is not active and they can't recode the immob and also they can't enable the immobiliser through HDS, as far as i know, this can be done only in hondata and for that you need a Kpro, k100 doesn't allow acces in hondata software.

Back