• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Next-gen Civic Type R – Auto Express mag request

Hi all,

Auto Express magazine will be running a story in our 5th October issue on the next generation Civic Type R.

We've got a bit of insider information but would love to know what you guys want to see on the new model.

We'll be featuring a few of your quotes in the mag, and if anyone featured would like a copy or a pdf we'll be more than happy to send them through to you.

Would be great if you guys could help us out.

Thanks in advance,
Luke Madden
Auto Express

Hi Lottie,

As many as you like! We can just pick out a sentence or two.

It'll be a double page story and your quotes will be going in a panel on one of the pages. We can either use your full name or your forum name so feel free to provide either.

Thanks,
Luke

I'd love to see a high reving buzzy engine, tight handling, not too much weight and retaining the excellent pricing of previous Type-R's in comparison to comparable hot hatches.
If it has to leave NA, which seems inevitable, and go to a small capacity turbo assisted engine then at least make sure it's an interesting drive and not just point and squirt.

Engine & Gearbox,LSD, Steering Wheel, Rigid Bodyshell with Double Wishbone Suspension, Lightweight Wheels, Brembos & Recaros.

All the other junk they stuck on the FN2, throw it in the bin. :cool:

Engine & Gearbox,LSD, Steering Wheel, Rigid Bodyshell with Double Wishbone Suspension, Lightweight Wheels, Brembos & Recaros.

All the other junk they stuck on the FN2, throw it in the bin. :cool:

That sh1t should be standard IMO otherwise why call it a Type R, personally stick with the K20 de-tune it so it meets emission requirements, as all the other stuff is more important than BHP braggin rites and BS 0-60 times which mean nothing in the real world anyway. But seen as 95% of the UK population doesn't get it, then we are going to end up with a heavy car with poor suspension, poor brakes, no LSdiff, OTT speakers, LED bling everywhere in the dash, non cable throttle, electric steering, various pointless assists.

I could go on...

That sh1t should be standard IMO otherwise why call it a Type R, personally stick with the K20 de-tune it so it meets emission requirements, as all the other stuff is more important than BHP braggin rites and BS 0-60 times which mean nothing in the real world anyway. But seen as 95% of the UK population doesn't get it, then we are going to end up with a heavy car with poor suspension, poor brakes, no LSdiff, OTT speakers, LED bling everywhere in the dash, non cable throttle, electric steering, various pointless assists.

I could go on...
Amen to all that - couldn't have put it better myself.

All that stuff would be fine on what used to be called a "VTi" but the Type-R should be something more special.

No boost.
No ECO nonsense.

Actually make a Type R rather than distancing the car from being anything of the sort. If they aren't going to/can't do it properly in vain of real and proper previous Type R's, don't do it at all..... I'd rather see the Type R brand die completely than see it ruined even more than it is now.

No boost.
No ECO nonsense.

Actually make a Type R rather than distancing the car from being anything of the sort. If they aren't going to/can't do it properly in vain of real and proper previous Type R's, don't do it at all..... I'd rather see the Type R brand die completely than see it ruined even more than it is now.

Nail head on hit.

It would never sell though dean.

Honda shouldn't adopt a car differently from what has been designed and marketed in a certain way for decades because governments are arse raping us for petrol and because the EU is a massive bunch of faggots.

And I agree, it wouldn't sell huge numbers like the last 2 Civics did, so I think they should just let the Type R brand die before they ruin it even more.

poor suspension, poor brakes, no LSdiff, OTT speakers, LED bling everywhere in the dash, non cable throttle, electric steering, various pointless assists.

I could go on...

Suspension - sorted, brakes - sorted, diff - sorted, speakers - dont use them, led bling - shift lights? Meh listen to the engine, non-cable throttle - look at an FD2 it's the same and it's an eco thing, electric steering - no comeback other than it has more feel than the EP3, pointless assists - turned off.

And so...

I agree, we were sold out by Honda UK.

...I've spent over £11k on mine and it's still not to the point it should be.

Forget NewType R, just give us limited numbers of DC5's and FD2's, less than 500 of each. Surely there must be a way to get past the EU Bullsh1t.

Could have sworn I read it's gonna be boosted + vtec :)! Aiming for 250bhp IIRC

Oh and a 5-door only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back