• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX S2000 MPG when driving it like you should??

Hi peeps, Im a new s2000 owner and i live in Milton Keynes and to those that don't know it's abit of a speed track -70mph pretty much everywhere and handy country roads are never too far away! Been having alot of fun in the s2k but it drinks like a jordy lass on a friday night!! In terms of mpg the usual urban, extra urban and combined don't really cover driving in vtec as much as possible!
Anyone know the vtec MPG stats???

Well, in light of the fact you own one, are driving it, putting the fuel in. I would have thought that if anyone were likely to speak from a position of authority on the matter, it would be you.

:lol:

The S2000 book says 23.5mpg (combined).

Due to it being an older series engine, it doesn't have i-VTEC so it's more thirsty.

I've got 29mpg once on a long motorway cruise on my JDM S2000 on an AMUSE ECU.

Now that it's mapped on my AEM EMS I very rarely get 25mpg, I'd say I get about 22mpg being careful.

Also, never pay attention to the fuel gauge in these, as soon as they go halfway think about filling up !!

you're not wrong, i could figure myself, this is quicker though :lol: i think the shocker came with the sudden drop of fuel after half way as mentioned! was the same in my integra

I've never really checked mpg as such, but I get somewhere around 300 miles before I fill up again, so I reckon mid-20's or so.

Having driven an S2k for 10 years based on my style of driving ( always vtec through the gears , motorway 85mph+ ) based on a 50 litre /10.998 gallon tank I get at best 315 miles equating to circa 28 miles per gallon. With a lighter right foot ( yeah like that's gonna happen when you drive any Vtec ) I should be able to get 32 mpg....possibly.

One thing that's even more important to watch for is the oil level (mine drinks fully syn @ 1 litre per month). run the level low and you'll put the timing chain under pressure and eventually you'll end up getting it replaced at a cost of £1,000 + :(

Back