• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

BOOOOOOO, why are you back Paul? You are not welcome here! HAHA! :p Welcome back to the honda scene bud, best colour!! :D Hope you and the mrs are doing well :greatpost:

Small update. After running with a full size wheel as a spare which took up the majority of boot space, I took the plunge and bought a space saver spare wheel kit. This kit supplies the wheel, tyre, jack etc but also replaces the whole false floor and isn't cheap (£460 from Honda). Tegiwa sell the kits minus the tyre for £325. I used a discount code for Tegiwa and all in once the tyre was purchased saved over £100. Still not cheap but at least I've got my boot space back.

Q3jtJH7.jpg

Warranty Issues

I've had the rear parcel shelf replaced under warranty. The design isn't brilliant being a cloth shelf that pulls across the back of the car. The spring in the roller that is supposed to pull the material back into the holder had expired. According to the dealer they have had to replace a lot of these. Shame Honda can't provide a normal parcel shelf.

Also the window seal on both of the rear doors have started to curl up at the top. Both of these are to be replaced under warranty once the parts have arrived. Service manager wasn't aware of this issue being raised beforehand. There was another 17 plate R on the forecourt and it had the same issue.......

Ono6M92.jpg

Well what can I say. No more modding. Repeat no more mods......lol

One area the FK8 lacks is in the sound department. The exhaust is near silent. After seeing an offer on the book of face I purchased a Milltek part res exhaust. Got the exhaust fitted today. Sounds a lot better. Nice rumble at low revs under load but nice and quiet on the motorway. No droning, which will keep her indoors happy.

ru3ULDH.jpg

yL3mRCy.jpg

Back