• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

insurance issue!!!!

I paid £1350 last year, but that went up and down, depending on which car I had. :lol: Renewal for the EP3 came in at £1200, they quoted me £1000 on the ATR so I rang around and Sky quoted £860. Most wouldn't come below £1500 so I'm over the moon with that. Excess is only £250 too which is a bonus.

Still expensive considering I'm 29, but due to my licence not being clean and my claim it's bound to be high.

I must just live in a mega safe area. A preliminary search for my status next year revealed £590. with one extra years NCB and one extra year on age. I am unbelivably thrilled with that considering many older drivers are paying way more, but I can only guess that this estimate will go up when I come to actualy insure next year.

Postcode means feck all IMO, it's just an excuse to charge certain people more. OK, so certain roads maybe more risky but blackmarking an entire area is just silly. PR (preston) or L (liverpool) = insurance bumrape. I live in a good area, where theft & vandalism is low yet I get ramshanked for insurance. Chop is in the same boat, ainsdale is hardly the backstreets of toxteth is it.

Even so, pr8 and pr9 covers all of southport so you have high park and royal birkdale under the same classification.

If it's an EP3, they cost alot because young 'uns can afford/write them off now. So there's the first reason it costs that much.

If Sky won't insure you, it indicates you live in "poor post code area", as in insurance companies think there is a higher risk of it being nicked in your area. That's your second problem.

Next problem comes from you being 22. Some companies won't touch people under 25 on EP3's any more.

Final problem comes from the fact that ALL insurance prices are going up and will continue to do so, as the companies are all lying b@stards and using the "economic climate" to rape us.

£1200 for a 22 year old with an EP3 in a low grade postcode area in 2011/2012 is a bloody good deal! You WILL NOT get much/any cheaper than that, unless you go with Admiral and pay the premium in a oner, no monthly direct debit.

xdcs is right. When I picked up my Civic Type R at 30 yrs I was paying 2400 on 1y NCB. And that was not exactly a good post code area.

Back