• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

insurance issue!!!!

hi guys, im struggling to get a decent renewal price!

Im 22 with 5 years NCB and im currently with adrian flux, they've quoted me £1,266 without protected NCB and just over £1,400 with protection

ive tried with sky insurance and they wont insure me for some strange reason, and all compare websites are trying to charge me over £1,500!

so i was wondering who your insured with? :)

Theres loads of these threads going on this in this section so I would look at those, try bell, admiral, tesco, a-plan etc

If it's an EP3, they cost alot because young 'uns can afford/write them off now. So there's the first reason it costs that much.

If Sky won't insure you, it indicates you live in "poor post code area", as in insurance companies think there is a higher risk of it being nicked in your area. That's your second problem.

Next problem comes from you being 22. Some companies won't touch people under 25 on EP3's any more.

Final problem comes from the fact that ALL insurance prices are going up and will continue to do so, as the companies are all lying b@stards and using the "economic climate" to rape us.

£1200 for a 22 year old with an EP3 in a low grade postcode area in 2011/2012 is a bloody good deal! You WILL NOT get much/any cheaper than that, unless you go with Admiral and pay the premium in a oner, no monthly direct debit.

sweet cheers for the replies! do you think i should go for the protected no claims? it adds another £150 but i think its probably worth it

Agree with the above, it's not a bad price in this day and age considering your age.

cheers for the help lads, i suppose i was just expecting a cheaper renewal price cause im tight :lol:
looks like im going to be skint for a while haha

if you go with admiral put your mum on the policy assuming she has clean licence and isn't a retired F1 racing driver it brings the premium down about 15%.

There are a number of companies around that won't be on the comparison sites but sadly most won't insure you unless you're over 25, but they are always worth a call to see if they'd quote you.

Few off the top of my head:

A Plan (call the Thatham branch on 01635 874646 and mention the forum)
Greenlight
Lifesure

my mums always been on my insurance just incase anything happens ;)

i might give them a try, thanks chris!

i know ive always wanted a type-r but i think insurance takes the michael!!! makes me think 'why didnt i wait that little bit longer' lol

BUT im glad i did get it, quality bit of kit!

That's the difference between paying annually versus monthly direct debit.

Admiral are c*nts. Plus we shall assume anyone on Admiral has no mods declared either :lol:

I pay anually, £1100 with admiral. 24 y/o 4 years NCB, clean licence. Mother (also clean licence) on policy. Ex GF's mum is on too lol. Owned the car 3 years soon too.

Renewal in march, will be 25 with *touches wood* 5 years NCB. If it's not under 1100 I'm selling it.

that magic 25 number meant **** all for me. i've paid the same price for the last 4 years driving beemers.

Back