• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

weight issue

Hi all thinking about putting my ep3 ctr on a diet if u know what i mean. Now then do i gain anything by losing the rear interior ie seats ect etc or isnt there much in it beacause if there is'nt i wont do it for the shake of 1 or 2kg i will leave it as it is.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's pretty heavy the back part of the rear seat. What are you doing it for. ?

Text talk is not allowed on the forum.

I doubt you'll notice any difference just by removing the rear seats. Other than more noise.

The bench is just foam and weighs next to nothing. The back part is heavier so will reduce the weight but nothing noticeable.

I done this on my DC5. Put it back in in the end as preferred the use of rear seats and to make longer journeys more bearable.

If you're planning on doing a lot more weight saving then every KG helps I guess

I've just deleted your post reado. I suggest you read the rules regarding text speak and then try again.

Ive striped everything out of the Back of my EP3. Seats, Plastics, Seat belts, Spare wheel. Ive removed the OEM front seats and replaced them with Carbon Bucket Seats to save weight.

On the road it hasn't made much distance at national speed limits. Its probably a bit quicker from a standing start, but nothing massively noticeable.

It does feel better in the corners though.

Doesn't & woudn't

If you're going to use apostrophes at least put them in the right place.

sorry for the spelling not a hot point of mine. i will seek advise esle where thankyou anyway.

Tying "u" instead of "you" has nothing to do with spelling.

Just cut out the text speak, that is all we're asking.

sorry about that. like i said thankyou for the advise i will look further a field anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be driven away by the rules. This is the best forum to be a part of, the information/advice and banter you get can't be touched anywhere else, so double checking your spelling etc is barely a price to pay for all the benefits :)

In answer to your question. It does make a difference removing the rear back rest/bench and spare wheel. I forgot how much it all came to in weight but the back rest and spare do weigh quite a bit.

I well and truly noticed a big difference on the back roads. Give it a go, only takes 20 mins to take the stuff out and goes back in easily anyway.

No offence taken at all just my dyslexia taking over. Thankyou for the help i will give it a go by starting with the rear interior first then drive it for a bit to see if i notice any difference. It's just a toy it's not used daily so if i do away with the practical side of the car it's not the end of the world. If i dont notice any difference with just the rear taken out i will strip the lot so it's just left with the drivers seat and a steering wheel who needs passengers anyway.

The rear in mine is stripped and it makes it more twitchy. That being said what ive removed from the rear is probably taken over by the weight of the cage.

When mine was stripped I felt like a track hero. I think I saved around 30 kg ? Half a tank of fuel etc.

I dont know if it's placebo but braking felt better. If you remove your rear seats, you WILL scratch the plastic due to the rear rest.

One of the heaviest things in the cabin is the front passenger seat. I'd start with that.

By the way, nearly all dyslexic people can spell you.

One of the heaviest things in the cabin is the front passenger seat. I'd start with that.

By the way, nearly all dyslexic people can spell you.

No need to get at the guy for misspelling. He's already acknowledged his wrong doings, leave him alone. At least he's trying, what more could you ask for?

No need to get at the guy for misspelling. He's already acknowledged his wrong doings, leave him alone. At least he's trying, what more could you ask for?

Welcome to four years ago. :lol:

Back