• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

H1 bulb, headlight keeps dying

Hi, to all my H1 bulb, Headlight Keep dying at every two months, today die the passanger side, last time two sides in same day, this bulbs are from halfords H1 12v 55w please help me to solve this problem thanks for any reply.

what bulbs are you using? i got the osram nightbreakers and they lasted well over a year so far, possible your fitting them wrong or a broken bulb holder?

Had 3 Halfords bulbs blow in as many months. Eventually replaced it with one that wasn't Halfords. Was still going 12 months later.

Don't buy Halfords bulbs.

Hi, to all my H1 bulb, Headlight Keep dying at every two months, today die the passanger side, last time two sides in same day, this bulbs are from halfords H1 12v 55w please help me to solve this problem thanks for any reply.
I also bought some halfords upgrade bulbs and think they lasted about a month! Won't be buying my bulbs from there again.

well i did get the brighter faster response rear bulbs from halfrauds and they seem to be fine, they also did come on a fraction quicker and were brighter agains the other bulb, got my brother to check as he never knew what bulb i changed and he guessed correct :D

Distance travelled divided by the time it took to get there. Same way you can calculate any speed.

I'm thinking of getting LED H1 'bulbs' from eBay (120 LEDs per 'bulb') - any thoughts?

Also as for the speed of light bulbs LEDs are supposed to be a split second faster than filament bulbs?

Back